APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 23, 2016
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping shape Oregon’s energy future. Among the millions of ordinary jobs in the world are a few special places — the team-driven environments with the resources and support you need to succeed. That’s PGE — the unique combination of a friendly, supportive atmosphere with a progressive vision for business success. It’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And it’s a big reason why the average PGE employee has spent almost 14 years with us. If you’re looking for a new opportunity in an essential, dynamic industry, consider becoming a part of our PGE team.
Standards Electrical Engineer III (R16-525)
The successful applicant will provide engineering solutions to complex problems while minimizing costs and maximizing reliability. Have the ability to provide engineering expertise in a broad range of assignments relating to transmission and distribution standards including: overhead/underground distribution design; construction practices and materials; transmission line design, construction practices, and materials. Recommend improvements in the areas of transmission and distribution (T&D) standards, operations, maintenance, and materials.
Top candidates will have:
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering.
- Typically five-plus years of responsible engineering experience required.
- Professional Engineering license required.
- Proficiency to review, evaluate, and analyze technical information, policies, and reports.
- Previous utility underground standards and design experience preferred
- Broad perspective of the utility business and thorough knowledge of concepts and systems related to transmission and distribution.
- Thorough knowledge of fundamental engineering/economic principles and concepts.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable policies, rules, regulations, and codes related to electric distribution.
- Demonstrated experience in technical writing.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Valid driver’s license with evidence of a safe driving record.
- Ability and willingness to work in a variety of work environments including outdoors in all weather conditions, around energized electrical equipment, and in noisy or dirty environments with proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Occasional out of town travel required.
In order to be considered an applicant for this position, you will need to complete our employment application. Apply online at
by the application deadline. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
We offer a full range of traditional benefits – medical insurance, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, retirement savings, and more – plus exciting opportunities unique to employment with us. From our robust on-the-job training to our on-site fitness facilities, PGE has a multitude of programs to help you gain valuable skills and experience, to provide rewards for meeting company goals, and to encourage health, safety, fellowship, and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
PGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Talent Acquisition Contact
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/ EXTERNAL JOB POSTING