Company Name: Lassen Municipal Utility District
Phone Number: (530) 257-4174
Job Title: Staking Technician or Staking Technician Trainee
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Operations
Posting Start Date: July 7, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 8
Work Time Type: Hours
This position will investigate, survey and design electrical distribution lines in accordance with construction specifications, regulatory requirements and the District’s Service Policy.
Essential Functions will include:
- prepare drawings and specifications (staking) for electrical distribution lines
- perform drafting functions to maintain engineering working files
- provide material breakdown for work orders
- obtain load information for new/additional services and calculate transformer demand
- prepare cost estimates and job work orders using software program
- conduct field inspections and perform audits of field work orders
- provide customers and developers accurate and timely information
Minimum Skills and Abilities: (Skills listed are for Staking Technician; Staking Technician Trainee would acquire some or all skills on the job)
- a knowledge of the methods, materials and equipment used in the construction and maintenance of overhead and underground electric distribution and transmission lines;
- good working knowledge of the National Electrical Safety Code, governmental requirements and construction standards;
- familiarity with algebraic and trigonometric functions, including the ability to apply them to utility design and engineering problems;
- ability to maintain familiarity with the feeds of all transmission and distribution lines;
- ability to remain current on all National Electric Safety Code, G.O. 95 and G.O. 128 issues;
- knowledge of computer terminals, calculators and other standard office equipment;
- ability to communicate with customers, developers and employees;
- previous electric utility experience in operations/engineering, surveying or closely related work, Auto-CAD, GIS system and automated mapping skills are highly desirable;
- possess a valid California Class C Drivers’ License;
An equivalent combination of education, experience and training may be considered.
Applicants should be prepared to be tested to demonstrate their abilities.
Finalist will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment physical examination and alcohol/drug screening.
How to Apply:
Interested individuals must submit an LMUD Employment Application AND a current resume.
Applications and a full job description may be obtained from our website at www.lmud.org or contact HR at (530) 257-4174. EOE
Posting End Date: August 7, 2017