Company Name: KLJ
Phone Number: (701) 355-8400
State/Provence: North Dakota
Job Title: Staking Engineer – Power
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: May 4, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time Type: Hours
At KLJ, we love engineering, moving forward, and bringing ideas to life. Our work is more than a project, it’s a long-term solution for the communities in which we live and work. We are committed to providing an exceptional experience to our customers – every project, every time. We reimagine what projects can be through innovative planning, design, and support of infrastructure projects of all shapes and sizes. Join our team and reimagine what your career can be.
Provide technical and field support services for KLJ projects in a timely, accurate, and cost effective manner.
- Construction observation, construction staking, and surveying or
- Support the design, construction, inspection, maintenance and accounting of overhead and underground electrical distribution facilities.
- Interpret system maps, engineering drawings and staking sheets
- Use CAD software and equipment to prepare and revise technical drawings using company established standard procedures
- Provide quality control by reviewing completed work to ensure compliance with KLJ quality standards
- Communicate consistently with the project manager, client and contractor
- Read and interpret construction plans to assist with client management and effectively communicate to answer inquiries from coworkers, clients, or the public
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate motorized vehicles
- Mentor, lead and direct others
- Become familiar with the plans and specifications, maps, and related material for each project and be able to utilize the information appropriately
- Performs power line assessment activities and engineering field operations required to support the design, construction, inspection, maintenance and accounting of overhead and underground electrical distribution facilities
- Develops proposed distribution line extension and/or upgrade, creates electronic staking sheets and performs ROW flagging/field staking of line necessary to provide the requested service
- Keep up-to-date with CADD equipment, software, and training to improve CAD efficiency and accuracy.
- Performs system inspections which will include examination/documentation of pole-line condition, asset inventory, GPS data collection, pole tagging, joint use contacts and ROW condition assessment
- Develops maps, engineering drawings and sketches for special projects, as assigned
- May obtain rights-of-way
- May obtain federal, state, and county permits
An Associate’s degree in drafting technology or a related field and 5-10 years of experience is required.
- Must be able to understand GIS, mapping terminology and surveying concepts
- Must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn other software programs, as needed
- Must demonstrate ability to learn and apply basic computer, technical and mathematical skills
- Experience with GPS, engineering field staking software and AutoCAD are a plus
Hours and Travel
This position requires the individual work 40+ hours per week with 50% of time spent in the office and 50% in the field.
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
The employee is regularly required to:
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear and communicate clearly
The employee must:
- Be able to walk on uneven terrain up to three miles per day
- Frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 75 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US. KLJ does not sponsor applicants for employment-based visas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Posting End Date: May 25, 2018