Company Name: Idaho Power Company
Phone Number: (208) 388-2965
Job Title: Sr. Purchasing Agent
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Warehousing and Purchasing
Posting Start Date: August 14, 2017
Salary: $73,112.00 – $88,046.40
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Senior Purchasing Agent
Tracking Code 0083
Job Location Boise, ID
Wage 73,112.00 – 88,046.40 ( Exempt)
Application Deadline 8/23/2017
Looking for a change?
Idaho Power Company, located in the heart of beautiful downtown Boise is seeking a Senior Purchasing Agent to join our Procurement team. Why consider Idaho Power as your next employer? We offer excellent benefits, stable employment, work-life balance, and challenging work in a quickly evolving industry.
The Senior Purchasing Agent:
- Works independently
- Receives minimal guidance
- Leads stakeholders in the development of internal customer purchase requirements of significant risk and/or complexity
- Develops and executes procurement strategies
- Solicits quotes, leads the competitive bidding process, negotiates contracts and issues purchase orders for steel structures, wood poles, cable and conductors, meters and other operational equipment. Meets business unit cost objectives with focus on best value to Idaho Power.
- Expert in purchasing practices, terms and conditions, negotiations, competitive bid process and supplier management practices
- Proficiency in use of ERP systems
- Business Acumen
- Excellent time management, decision making, problem solving, presentation, analytical, negotiation, critical thinking and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Communicate effectively (verbal and written) with a variety of audiences (including management)
- Work well in a team environment
- Customer focus
- Mentor procurement team members
- Group facilitation
- Ability to prioritize and efficiently perform multiple tasks
- Easily interact with different personalities including highly technical personnel and business leaders
- Apply time management techniques and be flexible to changing priorities to ensure proper completion of tasks
- Gather information, identify linkage and trends and apply findings to assignments
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and maintain composure while dealing effectively with a diverse customer base and constructively work under pressure when faced with high workloads and aggressive deadlines
- May be required to work extended hours in the event of large emergencies, i.e. fires, outages, etc.
- Embrace change and accept challenge
- Ask difficult questions
- Solve difficult problems
- Must be reachable after normal business hours to respond to leadership and customer requests.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain or related field.
Experience: Six or more years related procurement/purchasing work experience.
Building Partnerships, Communication, Customer Orientation, Decision Making, Planning and Organizing, Business Acumen.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.idahopower.com/careers and complete our online application.
Idaho Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, marital status, and any other status protected by applicable federal and state laws.
If you have questions, or require assistance or accommodation to complete the online application, please contact us at:
Phone: 208-388-2965 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting End Date: August 23, 2017