Company Name: PNGC Power
Phone Number: (503) 288-5558
Job Title: Sr. Manager of Transmission
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Power Supply
Posting Start Date: April 29, 2016
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
This position is responsible for oversite of all PNGC transmission arrangements for PNGC Members. This will include: representing our Members needs in various policy forums and with other industry groups such as, BPA, FERC, NRECA, PPC and NWPPA; carry out and manage planning and analytical responsibilities related to transmission, regional transmission restructuring, transmission pricing, regional power supply policies, and transmission contracts; present complex information and make recommendations to PNGC’s Board of Directors and Members. This position will also play a role in PNGC’s evaluation and participation in EIM activities. These responsibilities will be carried out with collaboration among legal, power and finance department staff and be coordinated in a manner consistent with PNGC’s overall financial and policy objectives.
- Negotiate and manage PNGC and Member transmission arrangements including all contracts for power delivery to Members, wheeling, generation interconnection, and related ancillary services. Ensure that all PNGC transmission and scheduling arrangements are consistent with applicable scheduling standards and procedures, and meet reliability standards.
- Represent PNGC and its Members on regional transmission issues, BPA’s wholesale transmission rate development, contract matters and participate in regional, state and federal energy trade association, technical and policy forums, in a manner that assists in preserving the interests of our Members.
- Assist in organizing PNGC’s EIM and CAISO activities with other staff as appropriate, participate in EIM activities; analyze EIM impacts on PNGC and BPA; suggest PNGC actions related to EIM development. Brief both PNGC management and Board on EIM and CAISO activities especially as it impacts PNGC and BPA.
- Manage PNGC’s transmission contracts, including BPA Transmission Contracts and the Membership and Power Purchase Agreement. Maintain up-to-date confirmed copies of all agreements for PNGC staff & Members. Create and manage a proactive compliance notification system for the transmission contracts.
- Be responsible for updating, at least annually, essential data relating to all PNGC points of delivery with PNGC Members including a definitive list of all meters and their attributes.
- Effectively represent PNGC’s interests in regional and national transmission policy and planning forums (BPA, state regulatory bodies, FERC, etc) and present testimony as necessary.
- Develop, recommend and carry out PNGC policies related to transmission.
- Develop deep knowledge of Member systems in order to analyze BPA transmission billing issues, and to help Members with specific requests.
- Determine the most beneficial arrangements for integrating PNGC and Member resources, and negotiate contractual agreements as required.
- Aid Members in dealing with transmission, generation interconnection, and wheeling issues specific to their systems.
- Effectively present complex information and make recommendations to PNGC’s Board of Directors and Members.
- Ensure that all duties are carried out and coordinated in a manner consistent with PNGC’s overall financial and policy objectives.
- Manage consultant/contractor work as required.
- Assist PNGC staff and Members with other projects by reviewing and making suggestions based on industry knowledge.
- Other duties as assigned.
POSITION KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Extensive working knowledge of Pacific Northwest electric utility issues, utility economics, rate, regulatory, transmission, EIM and CAISO, and power supply issues.
- Ability to understand technical distribution, transmission and generation interconnection issues, including; reading one-line diagrams, understanding the basics of electrical theory, and an understanding of the physical assets and attributes that make up electrical distribution/transmission.
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing at all levels including with; Members, cooperative personnel, Board of Directors, regulatory agencies, and business associates.
- Ability to share complex data in a way that is perceived as both accessible and complete.
- Proven analytical skills. Ability to analyze impacts across disciplines and topic areas.
- Ability to read, draft, negotiate and administer contracts.
- Professional presence which promotes responsible, reliable and efficient work habits.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other analytical tools.
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with technical emphasis.
- Minimum of seven years of related and increasingly responsible experience in the electric utility industry.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than May 20, 2016
Posting End Date: May 20, 2016