Company Name: OS Engineering
Phone Number: (541) 393-3345
Job Title: Sr. Electrical Engineer (Utility)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: July 7, 2017
Salary: 100K +
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
OS Engineering is looking for an individual with a demonstrated knowledge in large and small utility projects (transmission, substation and distribution) to include detail design and project management experience including budgeting and scheduling. The applicant is required to be familiar with industry accepted design, standards, construction and maintenance practices for electrical facilities through 230 kV, and have working knowledge of protection, generation and SCADA projects. Experience must include contract document and technical specification preparation. Familiarity with system planning and analysis studies is preferred. This position will be required to provide leadership to other engineers and staff support positions.
This is a senior engineering position responsible for performing and managing work related to planning studies and engineering designs of electric utility industry project. The position requires a demonstrated ability to work well with public utility clients, business development experience, manage on-going project work, and interface with professional and support employees.
The applicant is expected to demonstrate strong ethical, professional, and service-oriented leadership and interpersonal skills, set a good example and apply the views and values of the Professional Engineering Code of Ethics.
DUTIES: Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop, coordinate, and perform activities of assigned work relating to planning and analysis studies, engineering and detail design of electric utility transmission, substation, distribution and generation facilities.
- Manage assigned staff, provide technical instructions and assistance as necessary.
- Act as a mentor to staff and provide leadership, training, direction and support.
- Represent OS Engineering at industry meetings and professional organizations, as applicable.
- Conduct studies and analysis related to the reliability of client electric systems to ensure compliance with appropriate industry standards.
- Analyze assigned work area to determine the most efficient and effective assignment of staff.
- Perform specialized technical studies and/or investigations.
KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge associated with the following pertinent material is necessary:
- Principles of electrical utility planning, analysis and design engineering methods involved in the electric utility industry.
- Knowledge of electric utility industry applicable technical IEEE, ANSI, NESC and RUS standards.
- Principles of engineering economics and analysis.
- Principles of organization, management, training and effective leadership.
ABILITY: The applicant is expected to have the abilities listed below at the time of start date:
- Analyze complex data; resolve applicable problems; evaluate alternatives and recommend appropriate course of action.
- Provide leadership and management through coaching and working in a team environment.
- Work to select, recruit, retain, develop and motivate a skilled workforce where staff knows their mission, role and job expectations.
- Build constructive relationships with department peers and clients contacted in the course of work.
Represent the department and its work by presenting and explaining effectively information and facilitating an open exchange of ideas.
- Prepare and present technical written and oral reports using multi-media communication methods.
- Work effectively to deliver excellent service to internal and external clients.
- Plan, organize and coordinate multiple activities and effectively manage the assigned work to meet deadlines.
- Communicate logically and clearly, both orally and in writing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Education – graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in the field of electrical engineering
- Experience – five (5) years (minimum) of increasingly responsible experience in electric utility engineering work.
Possession of a certificate of registration as a Professional Engineer is required.
Posting End Date: August 6, 2017