Company Name: Northern Wasco County PUD
Phone Number: (541) 506-3819
City: The Dalles
Job Title: Sr. Accounting Analyst
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Finance and Accounting
Posting Start Date: July 13, 2018
Salary: $70,000 to $90,000
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 8
Work Time Type: Hours
This position maintains the integrity of the PUD’s general ledger and financial statements and function with minimum supervisory oversight. This includes performing complex accounting work that requires the application of accounting principles and standards to the financial activities of PUD. The work involves preparing and analyzing financial statements, analyzing variances between actual and budget as well as monthly variances, reconciling accounts and verifying them to the source documents. Perform related duties as required.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Performs monthly and annual financial reporting including monitoring and recording of transactions and reconciliation of accounts.
- Ensures that assets are properly recorded and tracked.
- Assists operational staff to ensure accurate accounting.
- Assumes the responsibility for inputting, monitoring and balancing the general ledger and sub ledgers.
- Maintains chart of accounts.
- Researches and implements accounting standard updates.
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Develops, coordinates and reports on the corporate-wide budget process.
- Reviews budgets for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Analyzes utility retail/wholesale revenue, and expenditure data in support of budget decisions.
- Advises on major capital investments.
- Monitor and update individual capital plans of various departments incorporate them into the overall budget plan.
- Secondary Functions:
- Ensures compliance with budget monitoring policy.
- Supports operational staff with budget monitoring reports and inquiries.
- Serve as a resource to operational staff regarding accounting and financial policies and practices.
Specific Job Skills:
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and computerized accounting systems.
- Understanding of budget principles and procedures, and financial statements.
- Knowledge of financial statement preparation and analysis of financial statements, as well as forecasts of revenues, expenses, and cash balances.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets and models.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics (or combination of education and experience)
- 4+ years’ experience in related position.
Posting End Date: August 10, 2018