Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Specialist VI, Transmission & Distribution Dispatcher R17-338
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Operations
Posting Start Date: July 11, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 24, 2017
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Specialist VI, Transmission & Distribution Dispatcher R17-338
Reliably operate PGE’s transmission and distribution systems, monitor real-time electrical system flows and parameters, direct and authorize switching and tagging of PGE electrical equipment, and take actions necessary to protect electrical equipment and ensure public safety. Comply with electric system reliability standards, applicable tariffs and other rules.
Knowledge and Skills required by a qualified T&D Dispatcher:
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of operational experience in occupations related to generation, transmission, or distribution systems.
- Must be a Certified NERC System Operator
- Cope with the demands of rotating shift work
- Capacity to resolve technically complex issues on a real time basis and in stressful emergency situations.
- Thorough knowledge of PGE’s (or similar) electrical transmission and distribution system.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical principles and concepts.
- Thorough knowledge of PGE’s (or similar) Electric System Switching and Tagging Handbook and PGE Safety Procedures.
- Ability to effectively operate PGE’s Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition System (SCADA), Energy Management System (EMS), Outage Management System (OMS), and Plant Information (PI) System.
How to Apply:
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R17-338. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: July 24, 2017