Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Specialist IV/V SCC Training Program Manager
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: June 6, 2017
Salary Per: Per Month
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 5, 2017
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Specialist IV/V, Training Program Manager,
The SCC Training Program Manager is responsible for developing, administering, and maintaining a comprehensive training program using a Systematic Approach to Training (SAT) as mandated by the North American Electrical Reliability Corporation (NERC) to support the safe and reliable operations of PGE’s portion of the bulk electric system by PGE’s System Control Center operators. The training program shall comply with all regulatory requirements established by FERC, NERC, and WECC. This position will provide the necessary training to earn and maintain required SCC operator NERC Certification and job qualifications to ensure safe and reliable operations of the PGE’s Balancing Area and Transmission and Distribution facilities. This position serves as the PGE subject matter expert for all things associated with the NERC System Operator Certification Program.
- BS degree in engineering, instructional design or related field required, or equivalent combination of education and technical electric utility operating or technical training experience to demonstrate ability to perform major duties.
- 3-8 years of experience in PGE’s or other SCC system operations
- 3-8 years of experience as a system operator (TOP/BA)
- 3-8 years of experience with EMS systems, transmission reservation and scheduling systems, outage systems, and market management systems.
- 2-5 years of experience as a System Operator Trainer or other technical training experience
- 1-3 years of experience using electric system simulation programs and developing and implementing system operator simulation training.
- 1-3 years of experience using Quality Training Database or other learning management system.
How to Apply:
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R17-288. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: July 5, 2017