Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Specialist IV (Scada Testing & Energization) R16-711
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: System Operator
Posting Start Date: May 27, 2017
Salary Per: Per Week
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Specialist IV (SCADA Testing & Energization) R16-711
Develop functional testing plans, support testing and assist technicians with implementation of Automation systems as part of Substation QA and Smart Grid efforts. Develop and monitor a Preventive Maintenance program for SCADA and other Automation systems. Ensure substation integration and automation systems are coordinated with the System Control Center using applicable interfaces and protocols. At NERC critical asset sites, ensure equipment and configuration meets CIP regulatory requirements.
You will bring the following skills to our team:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Typically requires 5+ years of experience in industrial automation, utility automation and/or construction management.
- Experience commissioning substation automation or industrial automation equipment is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of various devices used for industrial control systems (PLC, Transducers, I/O devices)
- Thorough knowledge of various major equipment monitoring devices and associated communication and configuration programs
- Thorough ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex logic programming issues, network issues, device malfunction etc.
- Thorough ability to troubleshoot SCADA protocol and SCADA network related issues
- Thorough ability to read schematic and wiring diagrams
- Thorough knowledge of communication and networking standards such as TIA/EIA RS-232 & RS-485, Fiber Optic and Ethernet
- Thorough knowledge of SCADA protocols DNP 3.0, Modbus (Serial and TCP/IP), Modbus Plus, L&G 8979, OPC and ICCP
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networks, subnets and routing and management tools such as SNTP, NTP, PPTP and SNMP
- Working knowledge of Network design (TCI/IP and Modbus Plus) and OSI Layers
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including public speaking
- Thorough analytical and problem solving skills
How to Apply:
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R16-711. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Posting End Date: July 25, 2017