APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 30, 2016
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Specialist IV, Real Time Transmission Scheduler (R16-645)
Process real-time customer requests to use PGE transmission and approve E-tagged wholesale power transactions scheduled on reserved transmission. Comply with applicable tariffs and rules in accordance with PGE’s OATT and posted business practices.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review, verify, and appropriately respond to interchange transaction requests utilizing PGE transmission submitted via a NERC E-tag by transmission customers while complying with NERC, WECC, NAESB, and other applicable government and industry standards and rules.
- Review, appropriately approve, and when necessary curtail Transmission Service Requests and interchange transactions submitted by transmission customers that use PGE transmission in accordance with PGE’s transmission tariffs, NAESB, and posted business practices.
- Review and appropriately respond to Transmission Service Requests from wholesale customers in accordance with PGE’s transmission tariffs and NAESB Standards, as well as with FERC’s Standards of Conduct and other applicable rules.
- Update PGE transmission system information on OASIS as required by real-time changes.
- Verify the accuracy of the interchange by reviewing net schedules with adjacent Balancing Authorities and resolve any discrepancies.
- Ongoing training to maintain appropriate NERC Certification and other skills to be effective.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or related field: An Equivalent Combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience as a NERC certified system operator or real-time scheduling of transmission: 8 years of related experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of PGE’s (or utility) Open Access Transmission Tariff (OATT), related FERC rules and Standards of Conduct, OASIS, and NAESB Business Practices.
- Thorough knowledge of PGE’s (or utility) transmission scheduling paths and those of adjacent Balancing Authorities.
- Thorough knowledge of PGE (or utility) transmission reservation, scheduling, and curtailment procedures and systems.
- Effective communications and human relations skills for phone and electronic correspondence.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the theory, precepts, and practices involved in transmission scheduling.
- Basic knowledge of electrical theory underlying reliable operation of electrical systems.
- Thorough knowledge of OASIS, NERC and WECC reliability Standards, NAESB Business Practices, and related procedures and guidelines for operation of the bulk electric system in the Western Interconnection.
- Successfully complete and then maintain the appropriate NERC certification as a System Operator; must include Balancing & Interchange certification.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R16-645
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Staffing Services Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING