Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Specialist IV – OATT Billing & Documentation (R16-559)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Miscellaneous Positions
Posting Start Date: September 20, 2016
Salary Per: Per Month
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 3, 2016
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Specialist IV – Billing & Documentation – OATT
Provide professional services to PGE Transmission & Reliability Services in the areas of billing and documentation related to OATT (Open Access Transmission Tariff) service.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop internal documentation of contracts and department activities related to OATT service. Complete the generator interconnection and transmission service request compliance checklists for each request. Monitor and continuously update Transmission Study Log, T&RS Contract Log, DMS, and filing cabinet inventory and ensure that the record keeping is accurate and complete. Participate in FERC, NERC, and WECC audits as necessary to demonstrate accurate and complete records. (20%)
- Coordinate all aspects of deposits and billing for generator interconnection and transmission service request studies. Setup AWO account and communicate with PGE departments regarding timing and appropriate costs to charge. Track study costs from PGE departments and third party vendors and ensure accuracy of costs. Prepare accurate monthly invoices for interconnection facilities study customers. Transmit invoices directly to customers. Communicate with customer as necessary to refund unused deposits or to request additional funds. Evaluate and monitor credit reviews for new and existing transmission customers. Identify changes to customer creditworthiness and recommend changes to deposit requirements. Resolve minor customer inquiries and work collaboratively with supervisor to resolve larger issues. (20%)
- Prepare the FERC Electric Quarterly Report (EQR) filing on behalf of T&RS. Compile all required data and review for accuracy. Maintain familiarity with FERC filing requirements and updates to EQR data requirements and update T&RS filing data appropriately. Review information with FERC Compliance Department and coordinate filing. Periodically review past filings and identify items that require refilling as necessary. (15%)
- Coordinate execution of Critical Energy Infrastructure Information (CEII) and Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) contracts between T&RS and customer. Communicate with customer, PGE legal, and T&RS management to resolve minor changes or amendments. Work collaboratively with supervisor on larger issues. Prepare and maintain accurate CEII and NDA log and checklists. Develop electronic, hard copy, and DMS files. (15%)
- Independently reviews and synthesizes financial data and communicates conclusions and recommendations effectively.
- Typically a business degree and 3-5 years of applicable experience in business operations, administrative support, document management, regulatory compliance, billing, or a related field.
- Thorough knowledge of contract administration, federal regulatory compliance, and Utility related financial and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Working knowledge of principles and concepts of electric transmission service and transmission regulation organizations preferred.
- Knowledge of PGE’s Open Access Transmission Tariff (OATT) preferred, especially as it relates to billing and deposit administration, credit evaluation and monitoring, and OASIS posting requirements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Skilled at communicating with other departments and facilitating resolution of conflict among multiple departments.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to document transactions and decisions and to maintain records that provide adequate support to the department in the event of an audit. Ability to independently design, operate, and direct others in the accurate performance of a department-wide documentation plan for T&RS.
- Ability to identify confidential information and maintain appropriate confidentiality.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R16-559 If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Staffing Services Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: October 3, 2016