APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 29, 2016
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Specialist IV, Capital Project Estimator
Provide cost estimates, unit pricing schedules, and other cost control support for transmission and distribution construction and maintenance projects. Develop, monitor, and analyze cost trends. Position relies on expertise and judgement to perform a variety of complicated tasks, resulting in cost effective and accurate project scoping and detailed estimates for capital construction projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for providing basic and detailed cost estimates to assist T&D Asset Management with capital projects scoping.
- Responsible for design decisions that reflects a cost effective, reliable, safe, constructible/maintainable transmission and distribution system.
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of all company standards and tariffs, knowledge of company policy, and applicable codes and local jurisdiction requirements.
- Collaborate with other engineering departments to coordinate project schedules.
- Close coordination with engineering departments to adopt changes to major equipment, and their cost impacts to the project.
- Review and interpret detailed design drawings, and engineering project scope to perform material take-offs.