Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Specialist IV, Capital Project Estimator R16-339
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Finance and Accounting
Posting Start Date: November 1, 2016
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 31, 206
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Specialist IV, Capital Project Estimator R16-339
Provide cost estimates, unit pricing schedules, and other cost control support for transmission and distribution construction and maintenance projects. Develop, monitor, and analyze cost trends. Position relies on expertise and judgement to perform a variety of complicated tasks, resulting in cost effective and accurate project scoping and detailed estimates for capital construction projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for providing basic and detailed cost estimates to assist T&D Asset Management with capital projects scoping.
- Responsible for design decisions that reflects a cost effective, reliable, safe, constructible/maintainable transmission and distribution system.
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of all company standards and tariffs, knowledge of company policy, and applicable codes and local jurisdiction requirements.
- Collaborate with other engineering departments to coordinate project schedules.
- Close coordination with engineering departments to adopt changes to major equipment, and their cost impacts to the project.
- Review and interpret detailed design drawings, and engineering project scope to perform material take-offs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related field is preferred – an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in construction and cost estimation.
- Comprehensive ability to apply engineering and design concepts, PGE (or related) industry standards, and governing codes.
- Comprehensive understanding of common engineering concepts and principles.
- Comprehensive understanding of common estimating methods and practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of PGE’s electrical system preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of transmission and distribution standards and practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the National Electric Safety Code (NESC) and National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Comprehensive ability to effectively plan, estimate, and manage multiple projects with changing timelines at different stages of the project scoping process.
- Proficient communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external entities.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a teamwork environment with internal customers
- Demonstrated ability to use or learn to use Power Plan and other estimating programs
- Line Department experience preferred (> 6 years).
- Basic knowledge of project cost control principles, theories and concepts.
- Basic assessment skills to evaluate electrical utility facilities to determine conditions, resources requirements, and ability to accurately estimate costs.
- Good human relations skills and effective oral and written communication skills. PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
- Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R16-339 If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Staffing Services Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: December 31, 2016