Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Specialist III, Technical Writer, Distribution Engineering & Standards R17-352
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Communications / Public Relations
Posting Start Date: July 11, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 24, 2017
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Specialist III, Technical Writer, Distribution Engineering & Standards R17-352
This position is responsible for performing the duties of a fully competent technical writer/technical communicator. Coordinate all revisions to T&D standards, specifications and work practices. Develop training materials on a variety of technical topics.
- Conducts assignments requiring application of specialized training in technical writing. Apply technical writing and documentation principles and concepts with minimal supervision. Provide judgment in evaluation, selection, and modification of applied technical writing principles and concepts.
- Create, revise, and publish current specifications for all major T&D equipment.
- Create, revise, and publish current T&D construction and design standards, and work practices.
- Compile, edit, and publish technical articles for the bimonthly TechNote.
- Work with Engineers, Designers, and construction crews to develop new standards, work practices, and design manuals as needed, and develop layout to effectively communicate required information.
- Requires a minimum of 6 years of technical writing experience.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in technical writing or related field.
- Excellent written communication skills. Ability to prepare and deliver presentation materials with minimal supervision.
- Effective oral presentation skills.
- Basic knowledge of PGE or utility related construction practices and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of PGE Standards or utility related software applications including FrameMaker, Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Sharepoint Designer, Adobe Acrobat, and PeopleSoft.
- Basic knowledge of distribution design principals, practices, and procedures as they refer to construction work practices and standards.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R17-352. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Staffing Services Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: July 24, 2017