APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 6, 2016
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Specialist III, NERC CIP (R16-189)
Work to strengthen PGE’s compliance with the Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Standards by providing consulting and support services to key Operating Units; evaluating and strengthening written procedures and standards; organizing PGE’s overall CIP compliance efforts to meet timelines; and implementing systems to preserve and organize evidence of compliance.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Typically 8 years of applicable technical experience or a degree plus 3 years of applicable technical experience
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge and skill in compliance or regulatory oversight. Able to perform tasks in these areas with moderate independence
- Familiarity with complex technical aspects of the electricity markets, including transmission, generation, and Information Technology and Operational Technology
- Demonstrated experience with or knowledge of FERC, NERC and WECC practice and procedure.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Skilled at communicating information to other departments at meetings, writing reports with minimal supervision, and clearly and concisely stating PGE’s position on regulatory matters
- Analytical and problem-solving skills. Comprehensive knowledge and skills to analyze complex problems to determine solutions.
- Strong understanding of the NERC CIP Standards
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING