Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Specialist III, Landscape (R17-292)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Operations
Posting Start Date: October 3, 2017
Salary Per: Per Week
Work Time: 8
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 16, 2017
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Specialist III, Landscape
Direct contracted landscape personnel performing landscape and vegetation maintenance, construction, installation, renovation and inspection of landscaping at over 200 of the Company’s properties. Direct landscaping restoration support for line operations. Provide solutions to landscaping problems by working with contractors, customers and other departments within the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or combination of formal education and experience.
- Minimum five years of Landscape Architecture, Horticulture, Agronomy related professional industry-related experience, with two years of project management experience.
- Knowledge in the fields of Landscape Architecture, Horticulture, Agronomy or other related fields.
- Creative problem solving and technical analysis.
- Demonstrated abilities in problem solving, project planning, and evaluation techniques.
- Project and contract management skills.
- Knowledge of plant species with ability to identify them accurately in the field.
- Strong negotiating skills to effectively and tactfully engage with customers with property damages caused by PGE activities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (oral and written).
- Demonstrated experience of managing multiple contracts and contractors simultaneously.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL ABILITIES AND PROCESSES (what reasoning and decision-making activities are involved in performing job)
- Must be able to stand or walk for prolonged periods of time; sometimes on uneven, slippery, or steep surfaces.
- Requires substantial decision-making activities–evaluating and prioritizing work, and allocating resources.
- Requires substantial reasoning capabilities–synthesizing creative solutions with critical thinking to deal with complex problems.
- Includes dispute resolution with customers to maintain PGE’s reputation within the community.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
How to Apply:
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: October 16, 2017