Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Specialist II – Prerequisite Coordinator R17-227
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Miscellaneous Positions
Posting Start Date: May 9, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 22, 2017
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Specialist II – Prerequisite Coordinator R17-227
Supports Planning, Scheduling and Line Dispatch department through specialized knowledge of permitting requirements, and managing timing of pre-requisite activities to ensure optimal site readiness for crew arrival.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (functions with percent of time spent performing function)
- Responsible for coordinating timing and execution of all activities between scheduling and dispatch for design work orders per month to ensure schedule stability and crew workload fulfilment. (30%)
- Serve as liaison with others within and outside the company regarding activities such as permitting, outage coordination, locates, and other job readiness activities.
- Determine optimal timing, initiate, and monitor execution and exceptions associated with 5-10 pre-requisite activities per job, for 50+ work orders at any given time, in a rolling 2-3 week window (example: locates, pre-contruction inspections, tree trimming, pre-landscaping, etc.)
- May develop standards and/or procedures for new or unprecedented work activities.
- Responsible for identifying, submitting, interpreting, and managing risk on permitting associated with scheduled work orders. (40%)
- Subject matter expert in permit requirements and variations within a given PGE Region, as well as more specialized permitting related to parking, lane closures, street use, noise variance, etc. Provide consultation to Service and Design Project Managers (SDPMs) on request to understand permitting requirements. May identify additional permitting requirements beyond those identified by the SDPM.
- Monitor deviations from initial permit application on received permits, especially where they will alter the intended schedule, and coordinate with the Planner/Scheduler and Field Supervisor to meet adjusted requirements.
- Participate in issue resolution throughout the planning period to ensure schedule date is met,
- Ensures notification requirements meet agency rules, requirements and time lines for compliance.
- Minimum High School or equivalent, college degree preferred
- Two or more years’ experience in utility, construction, or project management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of PGE line construction workflow, challenges, interdepartmental interactions, and procedures, including detailed roles and responsibilities for tasks and pre-requisites in work management system.
- Strongly self-motivated. Independent judgment and initiative required
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Extremely flexible
- Capacity to learn Outage Management System electrical model to create and maintain switching sheets, including real-time monitoring of planned outages.
- Distribution knowledge or context that would aid in the creation of switching sheets and coordinating outages
- Knowledge of one or more jurisdictional permitting requirements
- Familiar with reading and interpreting sketch and understanding scope of work as it informs permitting and pre-requisite requirements Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point), experience in a work management system, a scheduling system, and/or an outage management system
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R17-227 If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Staffing Services Contact:
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: May 22, 2017