APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 07th, 2018
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Spec V, Service Design Project Manager R18-121
Provide non-supervisory direct leadership for the Contract Design group. Serve as the PGE liaison between Contractor and PGE. Responsibilities include but not limited to providing transmission and distribution design expertise resulting in cost effective, reliable and workable solution that meets company needs consistent with company tariff, design standards, requirements and applicable codes, managing production, quality and prioritization of work, reviewing and approving work and managing service contract .
You will support our journey by:
Team Leadership – 25%
- Provide non-supervisory support of the day to day operation of Contract Design group
- Cover for the department supervisor during their absence
- Assist Supervisor with the assigning, reviewing and approving of Work Requests within approval authority
- Act as the primary group technical resource and provide design guidance for projects
- Provide coaching and training support to the EDS group, act as a mentor in the development and advancement of the team
- Enforce consistency within the team, as well as ensuring consistency across regional S&D groups
- Provide guidance to the team in handling and resolving customer concerns/complaints
- Identify and provide feedback to the supervisor on individual and team problems, and suggested changes for improvement
- Assist the supervisor in developing the department’s budget
- Model and promote management values, principles and culture
Customer interaction/consultation – 15%
- Demonstrate strong, responsive, interpersonal communication and persuasion skills with both internal and external customers.
- Understand and project manage work through all steps and processes involved in customer work in progress; interpret and coordinate work with other PGE departments; able to demonstrate strong customer care/advocacy from an individual customer to a city/county/state agency and other utilities.
- Understand and interpret a variety of customer needs and translate those into design solutions that meet those needs, consistent with tariff and company standards, requirements and applicable codes.
Design solutions and preparation – 30%
- Responsible for providing or supervising the complete design preparation applying complex technical analysis using current design technology resources; including drawings, material lists, design specifications, material specifications, corporate accounting, cost estimates, easements, permits, service requirements, and line extension agreements.
- Responsible for design decisions that reflects a cost effective, reliable, safe, constructible/maintainable transmission and distribution system.
- Demonstrated ability to apply thorough knowledge of all company standards and tariffs, knowledge of company policy, and applicable codes and local jurisdiction requirements
Project coordination, work and project management – 30%
- Work with little or no direct supervision; accountable for ensuring all steps of the project process are completed considering timeliness and responsiveness to internal or external customers
- Ability to meet variety and quantity of customer demands by prioritizing and balancing multiple projects.
- Apply project management concepts to effectively manage multiple projects of varying size and at varying steps within the projects process; large and small residential, residential development, commercial, industrial customers, system maintenance work, road widening’s, etc.