Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Spec II/III, UAM (R17-450)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administrative / Clerical Support
Posting Start Date: October 10, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 23, 2017
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Specialist II/III, Utility Asset Management
Utility Asset Management (UAM) provides pole management services to PGE and other utility pole owners. UAM is charged with ensuring compliance with state public utility commission and applicable federal telecommunication regulations and tariffs, developing standards among pole owners, developing data and mapping services, and developing tailored pole management programs for PGE and other customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and interpret permit requests and licensee drawings.
- Perform inspection of poles in the field and gather field data such as: attachment identification, span lengths, conductor/cable types and diameters, attachment heights, pole height and class, pole ground line circumference, existing anchor and guy sizes, angle/bearing of non-tangent main lines, services, and taps, etc.
- Perform structural analysis of pole and anchoring system using accepted design practices and analysis programs such as Linesoft software and PGE Design Tools.
- Perform quality assurance inspections to ensure licensee installations, design construction and corrective actions, and audit inspections have been accurately completed.
- Based on pole analysis, determine acceptability of proposed attachments.
- Develop design and work package for correcting non-compliant situations or make ready work.
- Apply project management concepts to effectively manage projects of varying size and complexity.
- Apply knowledge of Facility Attachment Agreements when reviewing licensee permit applications for attachment to PGE poles and PGE attachments to foreign-owned poles.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED
- Working knowledge of Maximo design software and PGE Design Tools
- Minimum 3 years of related experience, 5 years is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to use email and Microsoft Office software including Excel and MS Word.
- Demonstrated ability to apply complex engineering and design concepts, PGE and industry standards and governing codes.
- Working knowledge of common engineering principles and concepts.
- Working knowledge of PGE’s or related electrical system.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with internal and external customers and the ability to effectively plan, organize design and coordinate multiple projects with changing timelines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external entities.
- Working knowledge of transmission and distribution standards.
- Good management, human relations, communications, analytical and leadership skills.
- Solid negotiations skills including the ability to develop, facilitate and manage organizational change on a corporate level.
- Working knowledge of NESC codes.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good perspective of utility business.
- Ability to manage time and work projects effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on projects to ensure successful and timely completion.
How to Apply:
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R17-450. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: October 23, 2017