Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Spec II/III, Designer (R17-281)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Miscellaneous Positions
Posting Start Date: June 12, 2017
Salary Per: Per Month
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 8, 2017
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Spec II/III Designer (R17-281)
Provide design support services to Engineering. Design systems, subsystems and facilities.
- Assignments and support role can involve multi-engineering disciplines and cross-functional direction. Information and technical references may not be readily available.
- Effective time and project management skills, balancing priorities to complete multiple assignments on-time, while meeting both company and customer needs.
- Flexibility to function under tight and changing timelines.
- Flexibility to understand and react appropriately to political processes and influences.
- DECISIONS MADE (this position makes the following decisions)
- Optimal project Design.
- Appropriate application of Tariff, Design Standards, and adherence to ESR and NESC.
- Own work prioritization other than projects with predetermined due dates.
- Scheduling of own appointments with customers.
- All customer and PGE costs and responsibilities.
“THOROUGH” KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Thorough ability to use project management concepts and project management skills
- Thorough ability to apply engineering and design concepts, PGE and industry standards, and governing codes.
- Thorough understanding of common engineering concepts and principles.
- Thorough knowledge of PGE’s electrical system.
- Thorough knowledge of transmission and distribution standards and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of the National Electric Safety Code (NESC) and National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Thorough ability to effectively plan, organizes, design, coordinate and manage multiple projects with changing timelines at different stages of the connection process.
- Proficient communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external entities.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a teamwork environment with internal customers
- Demonstrated ability to use or learn to use PGE’s computer design tools, including Pole Foreman, WMS, PLS-CAD and Sag10
- Associates degree or Line Department experience preferred (3-6 years).
- Good human relations skills and effective oral and written communication skills.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL ABILITIES AND PROCESSES
- Required to plan and manage multiple assignments/tasks and prioritize workload to meet expectations and timelines.
- Required to work independently, as needed to complete project assignments.
- Ability to perform tasks in urgent situations. Job may require working extended hours to meet timelines or unplanned outages.
- High level of issue resolution skills. (Identify, assess, research, recommend solution(s), and follow through)
- Required to make independent decisions impacting cost, reliability, and safety.
- Assist in the restoration of transmission and distribution systems due to adverse and storm weather situations.
- Must be physically able to work in adverse weather conditions for extended periods of time, including but not limited to snow, ice and extreme wind.
- May be required to walk on uneven and unimproved surfaces, possibly climb fences, and perform other physical tasks while working in the field.
- May be required to change flat tires or install tire chains when necessary.
- May be confronted by agitated customers or animals. A good line of defense may be necessary in these cases.
- Must possess a valid Oregon driver’s license with no restrictions of use.
Advancement is based on skill level, experience and individual performance.
This job description is part two of a three-step continuum – E06, EX08 and EX10.
How to Apply:
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R17-281. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: July 8, 2017