Company Name: Portland General Electric
Job Title: Spec III, Project Controls (R18-182)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Operations
Posting Start Date: March 14, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until Filled
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Spec III, Project Controls (R18-182)
This position provides operational support to the Generation, Transmission and Distribution Project Management Office for capital construction programs. The Specialist will develop, implement, research and support project controls for the Company’s programmatic work; ensuring the implementation in an economical and cost effective manner to achieve desired outcome; coordinates compliance, communicate and interact with various PGE departments and groups in addition to outside contractors for tracking project timelines and to ensure material availability.
You will support our journey by:
Procurement and Coordination of Materials and Services for Capital Projects (45%)
- Manage or oversee all project purchasing functions and material procurement for the department. Develop purchase requisitions, facilitate approval process, verify accuracy of invoices, process change orders, and monitor project progress to ensure timely delivery of goods and services. Ensure compliance with PGE’s purchasing process and purchasing software (PeopleSoft) requirements.
- Ensure the accessibility and availability of materials for contractors. Order, devise, update, distribute, and use an inventory tracking system to identify and track parts. Communicate and coordinate frequently with contracts to ensure needs are met.
- Verify stock is properly labeled, and received.
- Upload Asset Information files into Maximo upon receipt of shipments.
- Create change orders as necessary.
- Adhere to PGE standard procurement practices.
- Review received materials against purchase order to verify everything ordered was received. Track and communicate any deficiencies which may disrupt construction activities.
- Perform receipting function in PeopleSoft to ensure that materials and services are properly receipted and vendors are receiving payment.
Project Support (45%)
- Manage project schedule updates of approved work orders, verify and correct work order accuracy as required.
- Manage assignments by analyzing project needs and determining the appropriate application of project controls that will help ensure project success.
- Analyze field construction processes and translate them into quantitative metrics.
- Accurately document and format information into Maximo, ARM Scheduler, PeopleSoft and Excel.
- Ensure project schedules, material procurement, and deadlines meet the needs for timely and accurate project execution.
- Help control project timelines by identifying scope additions/deletions, analyzing their impact, work with the project manager to obtain appropriate level of scope change approval, and implementing changes to project schedules.
- Act as a backup for Construction Manager or Project Manager at project meetings and preparing meeting minutes.
- Provide backup support to Project Manager.
SharePoint Administration and Maintenance (10%)
- Manage updates of project documentation, including coordination with Corporate Communications and external contractors to ensure updates are accurate and timely.
- Archive project documentation from sites upon project completion.
You will bring the following skills to our team:
- Typically a 4-year degree and three years of applicable experience
- Thorough communication skills, both oral and written.
- Human relations skills, including the ability to negotiate and coordinate.
- Working knowledge of PGE procurement policies and procedures.
- Ability to present and facilitate meetings with small groups or within the work group.
- Ability to work well with employees/customers both internal and external to the department.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of SharePoint, PeopleSoft, ARM Scheduler, PowerPlan, and Maximo.
- Utilization of Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of Project Management tools.
- Working knowledge of Distribution and Line Operations (Line construction, Contract Services, Tree Trimming, Landscape Services, Transformer Shop, Storeroom).
PHYSICAL/MENTAL ABILITIES AND PROCESSES (what reasoning and decision-making activities are involved in performing job)
- Ability to manage rapidly changing priorities and make decisions with the best information available.
- Ability to balance requirements and priorities of multiple jobs and projects to establish an efficient comprehensive plan.
- Ability to evaluate, recommend and implement efficient material delivery scheduling practices.
- Ability to work productively during times of high stress, such as system emergencies/planned outages.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse pool of personalities.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and valid driver license.
- Ability to compute, analyze and interpret numerical data for reporting purposes.
- Ability to compose written processes, meeting agendas, action registers, and other documents as needed.
- Light carrying: physically transporting items weighing less than 15 pounds from one location to another.
- Sitting: particularly for sustained periods of time.
How to Apply:
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R18-182. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: April 14, 2018