APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 05, 2017
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Specialist II, Designer – Service & Design
Provide design expertise and services in a team environment for new customer connections (single family, large residential, multi-family, commercial, and industrial) and for transmission and distribution integrity (cut sheet, road widening, feeder, and transmission and distribution line). Use the graphics-based facilities management system and design tools at PGE for design and to update and maintain the electrical distribution model and the geographic information system (GIS). ESRI GIS skills preferred.
- Contribute to continuity of design that meets total project objectives by ensuring that design concepts and details are accurately and clearly conveyed.
- Provide technical design to layout systems and facilities to Engineers and Service & Design Project Managers within the area of expertise of the incumbent.
- Convert designs into detailed construction drawings to guide construction personnel.
- Ensure that designs meet established codes, standards and guidelines.
- Minimize the number of construction conflicts during installation.
- Review and check design drawings for design and drafting accuracy, applying guidelines, established criteria, and experience.
- Update facilities in the GIS system after construction as completed in a timely manner.
- Resolve “as-built” problems and conflicts
- Ensure the electrical distribution model is kept accurate