Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: SPEC II/III,SDC R18-030
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Miscellaneous Positions
Posting Start Date: February 6, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 20, 2018
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
SPEC II/III,SDC R18-030
To provide Street and Area Lighting design expertise resulting in cost effective, reliable and workable designs that meets customer needs consistent with tariff, company requirements and applicable codes. Provide service consultation to customers and translate their needs to ultimate lighting service connections.
You will support our journey by:
- Customer interaction/consultation – 40%
- Demonstrate strong, responsive interpersonal/communication and persuasion skills with both internal and external customers
- Understand and move work through all steps and processes involved in customer work in progress; interpret and coordinate work with other PGE departments; able to demonstrate strong customer care/advocacy from an individual customer to a city/county agency and other utilities.
- Be able to work with cities, counties, street lighting districts and/or other agencies as required to ensure quality lighting designs that meet all codes and requirements.
- Understand and interpret a variety of customer needs and translate those into lighting solutions that meet those needs, consistent with tariff and company standards.
- Design solutions and preparation – 40%
- Responsible for providing and sometimes assisting in the complete lighting design preparation applying complex technical analysis using current design technology resources; including drawings, material lists, design specifications, material specifications, corporate accounting, cost estimates, easements, service requirements, and line extension agreements.
- Responsible for lighting design decisions that reflects a cost effective, reliable, safe, constructible/maintainable street and area lighting systems.
- Demonstrated ability to apply thorough knowledge of all standards and tariffs, knowledge of company policy, and applicable codes and local jurisdiction requirements
- Project coordination and work management – 20%
- Work with little to no direct supervision, often in a mentoring roll; accountable for ensuring all steps of the design process are completed considering timeliness and responsiveness to internal or external customers
- Ability to meet variety and quantity of customer demands by prioritizing and balancing multiple projects.
- Apply project management concepts to effectively manage projects of varying size; large and small customers, new construction, maintenance work, and road widenings; all SDPM I type designs plus complex commercial/industrial and residential lighting projects.
You will bring the following skills to our team:
- Demonstrated ability to apply complex engineering and design concepts, PGE and industry standards, and governing codes.
- Thorough understanding of common engineering concepts and principles.
- Thorough knowledge of PGE’s electrical system.
- Thorough understanding of transmission and distribution standards and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of the Illuminating Engineering Society of North America (IESNA) Standards and Recommended practices, National Electric Safety Code (NESC) and National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, design, and coordinate multiple projects with changing timelines.
- Proficient communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external entities.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a teamwork environment with internal customers
- Ability to represent PGE in a professional and positive manner and to consistently exhibit PGE Guiding Behaviors to internal and external customers, team members and PGE management.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL ABILITIES AND PROCESSES
What reasoning and decision-making activities are involved in performing job
- Required to plan and manage multiple assignments/tasks and prioritize workload to meet expectations and timelines.
- Required to work independently, as needed to complete assignments.
- Ability to perform tasks in urgent situations. Job may require working extended hours to meet timelines or unplanned outages.
- High level of issue resolution skills. (Identify, assess, research, recommend solution(s), and follow through)
- Required to make independent decisions impacting cost, reliability, and safety.
- Must be willing and able to work extended hours, in adverse weather conditions, during storms and other major outage periods.
How to Apply:
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R18-030. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: February 20, 2018