Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Spec II, Designer (R17-426)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: November 29, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 29th, 2017
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Specialist II, Designer – Service & Design
Provide design expertise and services in a team environment for new customer connections (single family, large residential, multi-family, commercial, and industrial) and for transmission and distribution integrity (cut sheet, road widening, feeder, and transmission and distribution line). Use the graphics-based facilities management system and design tools at PGE for design and to update and maintain the electrical distribution model and the geographic information system (GIS). ESRI GIS skills preferred
- Contribute to continuity of design that meets total project objectives by ensuring that design concepts and details are accurately and clearly conveyed.
- Provide technical design to layout systems and facilities to Engineers and Service & Design Project Managers within the area of expertise of the incumbent.
- Convert designs into detailed construction drawings to guide construction personnel.
- Ensure that designs meet established codes, standards and guidelines.
- Minimize the number of construction conflicts during installation.
- Review and check design drawings for design and drafting accuracy, applying guidelines, established criteria, and experience.
- Update facilities in the GIS system after construction as completed in a timely manner.
- Resolve “as-built” problems and conflicts
- Ensure the electrical distribution model is kept accurate
- Bachelor’s degree in Geographic Information Systems with 2 years of computer assisted drafting experience
- 2 years of utility industry experience and an Associate’s degree in Engineering Technology with an emphasis in Geographic Information Systems or Computer-assisted drafting, design and theory.
- 2+ years of experience in engineering and design with an electrical utility is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of distribution overhead and underground design standards and materials.
- Thorough knowledge of drafting application skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer workstations, printers and plotters.
- Demonstrated knowledge of CAD theory and techniques, with minimum two years CAD experience. (MicroStation V8i & Autocad)
- Demonstrated knowledge of GIS skills (Intergraph & ESRI)
- Knowledge of electrical systems and theory.
- Significant visual conceptualizing, logical reasoning, and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with surveying information.
How to Apply:
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R17-426 If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: December 29, 2017