This position is responsible for technical leadership and operational support for company-wide computer programs and databases. This position acts as technical consultant for system and data analysis standards and policies. Under general direction, analyzes, designs, codes, tests, debugs, installs, implements and supports new and existing computer applications systems, and administrative computing, to meet user needs. Assists or leads in the development, support, and maintenance of new and existing information applications.
The candidate will be responsible for corporate back office development, managing, maintaining, expanding and/or modifying a system built with different technologies to integrate various disparate business systems to ensure successful data transfer and integration between the different systems. This individual operates as a developer, QA and support for developed systems in a small team of IT professionals. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This is a non-supervisory position
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Writes detailed design and coding specifications, system documentation, scheduling, computer programming, testing and troubleshooting.
2. Leads in the development, support and maintenance of new or existing system design, data base or information applications.
3. Provides expert knowledge in computer system technologies to meet current and future needs and strategic goals of the Company.
4. Writes supporting programs to keep computer systems and servers and network operating systems operating at most efficient and cost effective levels.
5. Obtains current information about computers and software and stays current with all aspects of the trade. Reviews and recommends hardware and software as appropriate.
6. Conducts office automation feasibility studies, including workflow analysis, space design and cost comparison analysis.
7. Tests software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid use in performing work.
8. Manages and operates computer systems, servers, network operating systems, and system services.
9. Provides support and activities associated with the analysis, design, development and installation of network and computer system enhancement, upgrade, maintenance, operation, user training, use and documentation.
10. Writes software and hardware evaluation and recommendation for management review.
11. Works with employees to problem solve concerns and to optimize the efficient use of software applications in the office environment.
12. Conducts training in software features and capabilities at various levels of difficulty; conducts training in specific applications targeted at particular functional needs.
13. Assists the I. S. Supervisor and technology team by providing evaluations, feedback, and recommendations on user needs and solutions to problems or future needs.
14. Responds to user inquiries and/or complaints and troubleshoots problems. Communicates problems and status of resolution to user and IS Department.
15. Uses a wide variety of computer tools and test equipment.
16. Provides support to other company departments in the selection, implantation and integration of mission critical applications.
17. Performs back-up duties for IS Supervisor, other work and training activities as assigned.
18. Provides guidance and direction to end users in their use of computer and applications.
19. Establishes standards and procedures and communicates them to end users.
20. Reviews applications for inefficient or inappropriate usage.
21. Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Solid skills in structured analysis and database concepts.
• Demonstrated proficiency in variety of computer software programs
• Ability to use high level of decision-making skills, using sound judgment and analysis of facts and circumstances.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Desktop and Network Operating systems and Office suite applications: Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to perform a variety of complex computerized information system and computer network development, integration and maintenance work with minimal guidance and supervision.
• Demonstrated experience in training users in a variety of technological tools and software programs.
• Ability to write detailed design and coding specifications, system documentation, scheduling, computer programming, testing and troubleshooting.
• Demonstrated ability to problem-solve in a proactive and results oriented manner.
• Willingness to increase personal knowledge of technology and share learning with others.
• Ability to work as a member of a team and to work independently.
• Willingness to work flexible or extended, out-of-routine hours when necessary; able to respond as needed to resolve critical problems at the time.
• Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with stress.
• Ability to cooperate and interact with co-workers and trainees to accomplish training objectives.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and to maintain interpersonal skills, including tact, patience and courtesy with fellow employees and customers.
• Ability to comply with all applicable WAC’s, RCW’s and Company policies.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is normally performed in an office environment with air conditioning and humidity controls.
Training is performed both in a classroom and office conditions. During system emergencies, individual is
expected to work extended out-of-routine hours. The position requires considerable oral and written
communications skills and deals with visually presented material. The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.