Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Skilled Trades Training Specialist (R17-311)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Operations
Posting Start Date: October 13, 2017
Salary Per: Per Week
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 26, 2017
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Skilled Trades Training Specialist (R17-311)
In this position you will design, develop, administer and deliver employee Regulatory, Technical and Competency related training that contributes to the Safety, Efficiency and Effectiveness consistent of Customer Service, Transmission and Distribution (CST&D) and Generation employees.
Support our journey by:
- Design, develop or customize training programs and materials that meet Safety and Technical skills requirements.
- Deliver technical training programs with support and expertise to CST&D and Generation employees, as well as Supervisors and Managers, with consideration to a wide range of learning styles as well as the participants’ operations environment.
- Deliver Policy, Regulatory and Compliance and Standards related training as requested.
- Partner with Safety, Generation and Organizational Training and Development teams to bring the latest training modules and technologies to CST&D and Generation.
Bring the following skills to our team:
- Journeyman Lineman card required.
- Hot stick experience required.
- Climb poles to perform work.
- Possess a CDL Class A driver’s license.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and OSHA required
- Working knowledge of all phases of training program design, adult learning theory and training techniques.
- Effective presentation and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated abilities to:
- Manage multiple assignments and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Adapt and excel in an ever-changing business environment and varying cultures.
- Assess and adjust to employee’s level of understanding/experience and to individualize training accordingly.
- Climb wood poles, steel structures, towers
- Valid driver’s license with evidence of safe driving habits.The successful candidate will typically have two to three years of experience in a training position and five years in a skilled craft, preferably Journeyman Lineman. Three years at a Foreman, Leadman grade or above preferred.
How to Apply:
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R17-311. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: October 26, 2017