Company Name: NW Natural
Phone Number: (503) 226-4211
Job Title: Single Family New Construction Consultant 2 or 3
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Miscellaneous Positions
Posting Start Date: June 9, 2017
Salary: $71,100 - $112,300 DOE
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
Single Family New Construction Consultant 2 or 3
Customer Acquisition; Portland, Oregon
Posting # 50231689
June 9, 2017
NW Natural offers a Single Family New Construction Consultant 2 or 3 opportunity to interested applicants. The following is a summary of the position specifics.
This role focuses in depth on the selling component of the home builder relationship and on securing market share in the segment. The Sales Consultant will work on creating meaningful value propositions that are supported by data, evidence and documentation. The focus will be on targeting areas of exposure or weakness with regard to electric equipment scenarios with important builders. This position also assists Single Family New Construction Channel Manager with market responsibilities.
Purpose of Position:
Represents NW Natural to trade allies and industry partner to initiate and promote services leveraging trade allies’ investment strategies and NW Natural’s service offerings. Develops, executes, and maintains plans and strategies for trade ally engagement utilizing technological tools, market information, and industry and consumer preference research. Promotes alignment of trade ally and NW Natural goals and addresses issues, questions, and disputes. Seizes opportunities to educate trade allies and industry partners on NW Naturals products and services, while consistently providing excellent customer service and responsiveness in all areas.
Position Essential Functions:
- Becomes primary liaison to gas equipment manufacturers. Assists in development of price, feature and benefit offers to builders in the market. Maintains current pricing data for both up-front installed cost and operating cost of different gas and electric home space heating and water heating configurations.
- Assumes primary responsibility for relationship with Energy Trust New Homes Program coordinators. The Sales Consultant will gain a depth of understanding about energy performance scoring and how ETO incents new construction. They will use the understanding to develop gas equipment value propositions for builders.
- Develops productive relationships with home performance energy verifiers. Represents natural gas interests with this trade while building an understanding of how equipment decisions are made by builders.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with new and existing trade allies and industry partners including dealers, builders, contractors, brands, manufacturers, retailers, and developers.
- Collaborates with Marketing Program Managers, Channel Managers and trade allies to develop promotional offers.
- Provides alternatives and recommendations to trade allies and industry partners and influences their decisions to select NW Natural as their energy partner.
- Provides input and recommendations regarding new and existing services in order to meet trade allies’, industry partners and consumers’ needs and increase market share and revenues.
- Gathers information on industry trends, changes, and analyzes the impacts of those trends and changes.
- Utilizes communication tools to educate new and existing trade allies and industry partners on the benefits of gas, including future availability and sustainability of gas, process steps for acquiring gas, technology options, and technical solutions.
- Educates new and existing trade allies on NW Natural policies and procedures as they relate to service offerings.
- Works with new and existing trade allies and industry partners to strategize and collaborate on solutions.
- Exercises advanced communication, independent judgment, negotiation, and problem solving skills to ensure timely promotional fulfillment based on individual trade ally and industry partner needs. Builds positive relationships with trade allies and industry partners and NW Natural departments by partnering with them to proactively develop services and solutions.
- Negotiates and manages trade allies’ and industry partners’ expectations, employs critical thinking, judgment, and attention to detail to resolve progressively complex customer issues resolves and/or escalates trade ally problems, and acts as internal trade ally/industry partner advocate when appropriate
- Serves as an advocate for process changes (internal focus) by building the case for change and working across NW Natural work groups to identify opportunities and solutions for improvement.
- Participates on and contributes to intra- and inter-departmental teams to address customer service requirements such as increasing customer satisfaction and those which concern NW Natural’s service, product, business, process or regulatory developments.
- Maintains continuous compliance with NW Naturals tariffs and policies.
- Provides superior customer service to address customer concerns or implement service improvements.
- Supports Company’s commitment to a culture of safe work practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience (Level 2) in marketing/sales/account management experience with additional experience and background in project management and/or purchasing desired. 7+ years of experience required for Level 3.
- Demonstrated initiative and motivation to build and maintain productive relationships.
- Strong problem solving skills including the ability to develop productive proposals, overcome objections and create collaborative agreements.
- Fundamental understanding of the single family residential new construction market. This understanding could be achieved from direct experience in working with home builders, developers and equipment/materials suppliers.
- Knowledge of marketing concepts, theories, and approaches, including promotions, market advertising, finance, and economics preferred.
- Knowledge of NW Natural’s products and services. Ability to learn and apply knowledge of natural gas equipment and its applications, supply conditions, competitive advantages and availability.
- Track record of presenting self as a positive representative of the organization; projects confidence, alertness, and energy; ability to grasp the nuances of appropriate behavior for the situation.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate decision-making by both internal and external partners.
- Proven ability to apply advanced computer skills to various Company systems and word-processing, spreadsheet and data base applications.
- Knowledge and ability to read and apply construction practices and techniques, and read/understand architectural and engineering drawings.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively on an individual and group presentation basis, including negotiation skills and techniques.
- Must be team oriented and enjoy working in an open and highly collaborative environment.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Possess/maintain a valid OR/WA driver’s license and maintain a satisfactory driving record.
Salary Range: $71,100-$87,100 – $103,100 (Level 2 – Grade 20) or $77,450 – $94,900-$112,300 (Level 3 – Grade 21) depending on experience
How to Apply:
Application Process: To be considered for this position, submit a complete electronic application including a cover letter and a resume.
Applications will be reviewed once application deadline has passed.
Deadline: June 23, 2017
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Posting End Date: June 23, 2017