APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 18, 2016
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Service & Design Project Manager II (R16-370)
You will act as the primary point of contact on all assigned projects from first contact to final closing. Provide transmission and distribution project management expertise resulting in cost effective, reliable and workable construction designs and customer connections. Provide internal/external customer consultation and project coordination that meets project needs consistent with company Tariff, Design Standards, NESC requirements and applicable codes.
- Minimum of an associate’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of electrical estimating experience (3-6 years) and education
- Must possess a valid Oregon driver’s license with no restrictions of use.
- Working ability to use project management concepts and project management skills
- Working ability to apply engineering and design concepts, PGE and industry standards, and governing codes.
- Working understanding of common engineering concepts and principles.
- Working knowledge of PGE’s electrical system preferred
- Working knowledge of transmission and distribution standards and practices.
- Working knowledge of the National Electric Safety Code (NESC) and National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Demonstrated ability to use or learn to use PGE’s computer design tools, including Pole Foreman, WMS, PLS-CAD and Sag10 (preferred) or related industry tools will be considered
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Staffing Services Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING