“WORKING” KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum of an associate’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of electrical estimating experience (3-6 years) and education
- Must possess a valid Oregon driver’s license with no restrictions of use.
- Working ability to use project management concepts and project management skills
- Working ability to apply engineering and design concepts, PGE and industry standards, and governing codes.
- Working understanding of common engineering concepts and principles.
- Working knowledge of PGE’s electrical system preferred
- Working knowledge of transmission and distribution standards and practices.
- Working knowledge of the National Electric Safety Code (NESC) and National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Working ability to effectively plan, organizes, design, coordinate and manage multiple projects with changing timelines at different stages of the connection process.
- Proficient communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external entities.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a teamwork environment with internal customers
- Demonstrated ability to use or learn to use PGE’s computer design tools, including Pole Foreman, WMS, PLS-CAD and Sag10 (preferred) or related industry tools will be considered
- Good human relations skills and effective oral and written communication skills.
- May be confronted by agitated customers or animals. A good line of defense may be necessary in these cases.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Staffing Services Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING