Company Name: Puget Sound Energy
Job Title: Senior Substation Controls Engineer or Substation Controls Engineer #35191
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: March 31, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time Type: Hours
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY AT PUGET SOUND ENERGY!
Senior Substation Controls Engineer or Substation Controls Engineer #35191
Puget Sound Energy’s Protection, Automation and Controls Department is looking for a Senior Substation Controls Engineer to join our team! This position will be filled as a Senior Engineer or Engineer, depending on the qualifications of the candidate. This role will provide substation controls engineering services and support for the planning, design, construction, operation, and maintenance of PSE substation facilities and assets.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1886. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to excel professionally. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
- Knowledge of and the ability to generate substation meter/relay one-line diagrams, AC/DC schematics and substation wiring diagrams.
- Support field crews during construction.
- Prepares designs, standards, studies and analyses with minimal guidance.
- Provides detailed design review of internal or external technical documents.
- Prepares cost estimates and project evaluations.
- Ensures compliance with codes, standards, and design, operation, and maintenance requirements.
- Supports emergency response work as requested including immediate and extended restoration efforts driven by weather and other system failures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SENIOR ENGINEER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical , Mechanical, Civil or other appropriate engineering field
- Substantial experience in planning, design, specification preparation, maintenance, project cost estimating and scheduling (typically achieved after 7 years’ practice as a degreed engineer).
- Demonstrated organization, documentation, prioritization, and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
ENGINEER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Civil or other appropriate engineering field
- 3-7 years of experience in engineering design, preparation of specifications, technical field work, or system studies.
- Experience in project cost estimating or scheduling
- Organization, documentation, prioritization, and project management skills.
- Experience working in the utility industry or plant control systems.
- Possession of or ability to acquire a Professional Engineering license.
- Knowledge of substation IED integration architectures, SCADA communications and Ethernet communications, including DNP IP and IEC 61850.
PSE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-462-3017.
Posting End Date: April 21, 2017