Company Name: Silicon Valley Clean Energy
Phone Number: (917) 974-0199
Job Title: Senior Regulatory Analyst
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Miscellaneous Positions
Posting Start Date: April 13, 2018
Salary Per: Per Month
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Silicon Valley Clean Energy Authority Seeks a New Senior Regulatory Analyst
The Senior Regulatory Analyst is responsible for a wide range of Silicon Valley Clean Energy (SVCE) regulatory activities, with particular emphasis on representation of SVCE’s interests at the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC). The new Senior Regulatory Analyst will:
- Develop high-level policy and responses for key regulatory issues affecting SVCE, including strategy and prioritization of regulatory and legislative action for Manager of Regulatory and Legislative Effectiveness and CEO consideration.
- Represent SVCE in regulatory proceedings through preparation of data requests, written responses, position papers, analytical models, testimony, and exhibits.
- Track, review, analyze and summarize filings prepared by utilities and other entities that could impact SVCE and its customers.
- Track, analyze and interpret regulatory proposals and other policy issues with an eye toward impact on and response from SVCE.
- Under direction of the Manager of Regulatory and Legislative Effectiveness, work closely with technical experts and external regulatory counsel to develop effective and persuasive communications before the CPUC, California Energy Commission, California Air Resources Board, and any other legal or regulatory body as may be needed.
The new Senior Regulatory Analyst will have knowledge of California electric utility regulatory issues, CPUC regulatory practices, protocols, and procedures; California utility rate design, electric resource planning, demand resource solutions and regulatory relations; California legislative process and protocols; Communications portals and web-based resources for regulatory and legislative activity; Depending upon the assignment, principles and practices in the areas of energy efficiency, energy resources and procurement, or other to be determined areas.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college in economics, business administration, environmental science, public policy or a related field. A Master’s Degree in economics, business administration, environmental science, public policy or a related field can substitute for up to one year of the required experience.
Experience: Four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in regulatory affairs at an electric utility, regulatory agency, or legislative office with emphasis on electric procurement issues, energy efficiency, energy market structure, or a closely related field.
Compensation and Benefits
$7,540 – $11,896 monthly, DOQ, plus a competitive benefits package.
How to Apply:
Application and Selection Process…
The position is open until filled with initial screening beginning in June. To be considered for this position, please submit a SVCE application, detailed resume, cover letter, and three professional references to:
Bryce Consulting, Inc.
3436 American River Drive, Ste. 7A
Sacramento, CA 95864
Tel: 916-974-0199 Fax: 916-974-0224
The full class description and an SVCE application can be found at: www.SVCleanEnergy.org/Jobs
Posting End Date: May 31, 2018