Company Name: Northwest Public Power Association (NWPPA)
Phone Number: (360) 254-0109
Job Title: Senior Graphic Designer
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Communications / Public Relations
Posting Start Date: September 2, 2016
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Northwest Public Power Association (NWPPA), a not for profit association of 148-member public power electric utilities located in 8 Western states and British Columbia, is accepting resumes for the position of Senior Graphic Designer at its Vancouver, Wash. headquarters.
The graphic designer is responsible for conceptualization and implementation of design solutions in support of marketing and branding strategies for the Association from concept to completion. As a critical team member responsive to other Association departments, you will develop graphics and visual images for use in various communications media and collateral (magazine, weekly newsletter, brochures, fliers, web and other annual periodicals). Person must be highly organized and able to work within existing file structures or naming conventions. Ability to conceptualize and implement a design solution from start to finish with a high level of quality and satisfaction from internal clients.
This individual is an imaginative fast thinking conceptual Graphic Designer with experience in branding, print publications and web graphics who is able to independently create visual solutions for marketing and advertising campaigns, print publications and collateral that is provocative and engaging while staying within the perimeters of the brand. The successful candidate will have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Polished, detail-oriented design execution and strong conceptual and strategic thinking is needed. Works with a team of Communications professionals reporting directly to the Communication Director.
- Support management team in the process of creating marketing materials and building the visual appeal to deliver on the Association’s mission.
- Provide visual graphics, design and layout for the Association’s publications, (monthly Bulletin magazine, weekly eBulletin newsletter and annual Northwest Electric Utility Directory), in addition to design and layout of Association promotional materials for events and conferences.
- High level of proficiency in design, web and multimedia software and applications, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Quark Xpress or Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Office Suite, and WordPress working in a Macintosh environment.
- Understanding of, and experience in implementation in the use of graphics for corporate branding and layout and typography in print and digital media.
- Ability to create original designs for brochures, magazine, annual publications, marketing campaigns, social media and events within established deadlines and within agreed upon budget.
- Execute design and type direction for training events and conferences, marketing promotions, and special events in conjunction with staff to ensure consistency with brand image.
- Creation of comprehensive layouts and graphics with a keen understanding of type, color, illustration, and stock photography that are consistent with Association brand, look and feel.
- Develop multi-faceted communications tools using the latest technology to reinforce the Association’s dynamic learning culture and expertise.
- Investigate new methods of consumer communication, identify trends and implement solutions.
- Work and negotiate with outside printing vendors to get projects printed on time and on budget.
Degree in Graphic Design is required. Minimum 5 years of recent professional experience in the field of graphic design. Current portfolio link included in the body of your resume showing both design skills and technical expertise. Knowledge of a utility industry is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects.
- Quality control of design, printing, creation of mechanicals, prepress and file release.
- Strong, conceptual thinker who possesses a wide range of design capabilities including a solid background in print, branding, typography, multimedia and mobile design experience.
- Provide quality control over concepts, design and projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Resourcefulness: able to problem solve and find multiple design solutions, especially under narrow parameters or strict budget restraints.
- Passion, Integrity, and Energy!
This is a full time position with an excellent salary and benefit package. NWPPA is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply:
Resumes that do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered. Send cover letter, resume with work history and experience with a link to your current portfolio, and at least two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write GRAPHIC DESIGNER in the Subject Line of your email. No phone calls or employment agencies please. Applications accepted through October 3, 2016.
Posting End Date: October 3, 2016