Company Name: Puget Sound Energy
Phone Number: (425) 462-3017
Job Title: Senior Engineering Specialist or Below #69976
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: March 28, 2016
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time Type: Hours
Puget Sound Energy’s Customer and System Projects (CSP) organization encompasses preconstruction activities such as project management, design, engineering and permitting. We are empowering employees to deliver first-rate customer service, building the distribution system knowledge and capabilities needed to ensure business continuity and expanding the career development opportunities available. The Customer and System Projects organization will help drive our strategic objective to be our customer’s energy partner of choice. Come be a part of this exciting organization!
The Northern Region electric group is looking for a Senior Engineering Specialist or below, depending on experience, to join our team. This role will provide technical support and assistance to a Project Manager covering a wide range of situations from the simple to the complex requiring a basic or better level of understanding of electric design standards and Rate Schedule 85. This role will prepare engineering plans and designs using standards specifications, cost estimating tools, analytical tools, and peer input. This role will support the continued development of PSE’s engineering workforce by sharing knowledge with others, and will support emergency response operations when needed.
This is an excellent opportunity to play an integral role within PSE to help us better serve the environment, our customers and the communities in which they live. PSE provides an environment where all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to achieve maximum performance. We offer a comprehensive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan and an employee assistance and wellness program. Gain the energy to do great things through a career with Puget Sound Energy!
SENIOR ENGINEERING SPECIALIST MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2-year technical degree or equivalent technical certificate in design or pre-engineering, or 10-14 years of utility experience.
- Extensive knowledge of subject matter within assigned area of focus, and familiarity with related disciplines.
- Organization, documentation, prioritization, and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in AutoCAD
ENGINEERING SPECIALIST MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in design, preparation of specifications, technical field work, or system studies
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Experience in project cost estimating or scheduling
- Experience working with both internal and external customers on projects
- Knowledge of engineering economics & analysis.
These openings will be filled as a senior engineering specialist, engineering specialist or engineering assistant depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
PSE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at email@example.com or 425-462-3017.
How to Apply:
- This position is located in Bellingham, Washington. To apply, please visit www.pse.com/careers to submit an online application.
Posting End Date: April 28, 2016