At Puget Sound Energy (PSE) we have a long tradition of service, and an exciting and innovative future ahead!
Consider PSE for the next step in your career.
Senior Engineer or Engineer – Electrical: Plant Technical Services #84483
Puget Sound Energy’s Plant Technical Services (PTS) department is looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate would be at the senior level; however an engineer (level) may be considered depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
PTS is a centralized group providing engineering support for all PSE owned generating facilities including hydro, gas turbine, and wind. This support includes professional engineering services in the planning, construction, operation and maintenance of these facilities. The engineer will be responsible for the execution of major portions of complex construction and equipment installation projects to meet cost and time objectives, while maintaining high quality assurance and industry standards. The engineer will work with established project teams to assist with installation and testing of new equipment. Job tasks also include driving equipment reliability improvements through predictive maintenance testing, analysis, and condition assessments, supporting maintenance outage planning, and providing plant personnel technical training on new and existing systems and equipment.
This engineer will need to provide quick, professional response to assist the generating plant staff with troubleshooting operational problems on complex plant control systems as well as a variety of power generation equipment. In addition, the position will require supporting broader company emergency response work when needed, including immediate and extended electrical system restoration efforts driven by weather and other system failures. The work will consist of a mix of field and office responsibilities, with the majority of field work taking place at various plant locations. The large majority of our electric generating plants reside within a three-hour drive from PSE’s Bellevue corporate offices. Some overnight stays will be necessary when working at our most distant locations. There will also be times where the engineer will drive up to 5 hours per day, walk at least 1 mile over uneven ground, climb and descend stairs, ladders, and temporary scaffolds to access equipment.
This is an excellent opportunity to play an integral role within PSE to help us better serve the environment, our customers and the communities in which they live. PSE provides an environment where all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to achieve maximum performance. We offer a comprehensive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan and an employee assistance and wellness program. Gain the energy to do great things through a career with Puget Sound Energy!
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or other appropriate engineering field
- Substantial experience in planning, design, specification preparation, maintenance, project cost estimating, and scheduling (typically achieved after 7 years’ practice as a degreed engineer for the senior level)
- Technical expertise in electrical power systems in an industrial environment
- Experience leading engineering projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated organization, documentation, prioritization, and project management skills
- Ability to work effectively and collaborate with a wide range of internal and external customers
- Ability to drive up to 5 hours per day, walk at least 1 mile over uneven ground, and climb and descend stairs, ladders, and temporary scaffolds to access equipment
- Experience working in the power generation industry
- Experience preparing equipment specifications, performing design review and analysis of electrical systems
- Experience with Low and Medium Voltage systems
- Field engineering and troubleshooting experience
- Technical expertise in plant control systems and instrumentation
- Broad knowledge of power industry standards and best practices
- Possession of, or ability to acquire, a Professional Engineering license
PSE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-462-3017.