Company Name: Puget Sound Energy
Job Title: Senior Energy System Operations Analyst
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: System Operator
Posting Start Date: June 12, 2018
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY AT PUGET SOUND ENERGY!
Senior Energy System Operations Analyst #06324
Puget Sound Energy’s 24×7 Transmission Operations and Balancing Control Center, The Load Office, is looking for a Senior Energy System Operations Analyst to join our team. At the discretion of the hiring team, this role may be filled at a lower level.
As the Senior Energy Systems Analyst you will:
- Work with Control Center Operators, SMEs, and Management to develop, maintain, and communicate our technology vision, in terms of products and features, to supporting IT business units.
- Work with members of the control center team to clarify requirements, remove roadblocks, and build alignment around current and proposed systems.
- Act as a product owner for supporting technology issues and projects, ensuring that the tools implemented in the control center meet real-time operational needs.
- Assume a lead role in identifying, forecasting, tracking, and communicating business needs, and effectively negotiating tradeoffs of conflicting priorities based on value to the business.
- Provide recommendations to leadership for implementing meaningful long-term and short-term technology decisions and strategies.
- Uphold the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE’s operating and/or field procedures related to work responsibilities. Promotes and supports a culture of total safety.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
- Works as an integral part of operations to maintain understanding in how IT projects impact related functional area and facilitates integration of projects and solutions into real-time operations.
- Acts as a liaison for operations and IT to identify, track, and communicate operational business requirements.
- Develops scope, objectives, and test plans for projects to meet business requirements, and applies testing and quality monitoring procedures.
- Works with stakeholders to present tactical recommendations to leadership and other business areas for implementing meaningful technology decisions and strategies into operations.
- Researches and analyzes hardware and software solutions, meets with vendors, and recommends and/or implements actions to achieve business results.
- Leads or participates in integration of system enhancements, process improvements and related internal activities to support operational business objectives.
- Leads efforts to forecast, track, communicate, and prioritize operational business requirements in order to resolve both immediate and long-term issues.
- Interfaces with internal and external groups to resolve system/application issues needed to support initiative success.
- Facilitates use of systems through reporting, data extraction, and problem resolution.
- Performs activities to improve and support operational efficiency and functionality.
- Provides day-to-day support.
- Develops procedures and appropriate documentation for implementing tools or enhancements in a controlled manner.
- Ensures quality and consistency of methodology, analysis and documentation. Identifies and resolves gaps in operational business processes, and modifies complex business processes where needed.
- Provides training and guidance on related software tools and develops tests and training plans/materials as necessary.
- Provides NERC (North American Electric Reliability Corporation) compliance support, as required and appropriate.
- Provides storm support, as required and appropriate.
- Attends user groups and conferences in order to remain up-to-date on related technology.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or related; or equivalent combination of education and/or related work experience.
- 7 years experience in systems and/or business analysis including implementation life cycle, also experience in information systems, operations, architecture, configuration, and/or other area(s) relevant to successful operational software implementation.
- Solid understanding of real-time control center tools, such as Energy Management System (EMS) and Energy Accounting System (EAS).
- Knowledge of Balancing Authority and load office/transmission operations.
- Experience with project and software development (such as ASAP or Agile methodologies and processes).
- Experience using a variety of software applications and analysis tools.
- Experience with MS Office suite.
- Demonstrated passion for continuous process improvement.
- Outstanding attention to detail, problem solving organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels with the ability to present information in a professional manner.
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and as part of a team to achieve goals.
- 5 years Alstom Grid Energy Management System (EMS) experience.
- Experience with life cycle implementations of Alstom Grid Energy Management System and experience in supporting 7×24 real-time control system environments that manage the electric power grid.
- Understanding of NERC compliance requirements.
How to Apply:
PSE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-462-3017.
Search for #06324 on www.pse.com/careers.
Posting End Date: July 11, 2018