Company Name: Modesto Irrigation District
Phone Number: (209) 526-7341
Job Title: Senior Electrical Engineer
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: July 28, 2016
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
The Modesto Irrigation District is currently recruiting to fill one full-time regular position in the Electric Engineering Department, Transmission and Distribution Division, to organize, assign and review the work of assigned personnel engaged in professional and technical electrical engineering activities related to the planning, design and construction of generation, transmission, distribution, substation facilities, and renewable projects; to perform duties requiring specialized knowledge; and to provide administrative support to assigned supervisor.
This is the advanced journey level in the Engineer series. Positions at this level are distinguished from other classes within the series by the level of responsibility assumed, complexity of duties assigned, independence of action taken, by the amount of time spent performing the duties, and by the nature of the public contact made. Employees perform the most difficult and responsible types of duties assigned to classes within this series and may provide indirect and/or direct supervision over assigned personnel. Employees at this level are required to be fully trained in all procedures related to assigned areas of responsibility and possess registration as a Professional Engineer.
Any combination of experience and training that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
Experience: Three years of responsible journey experience similar to Associate Electrical Engineer with the District.
Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Principles and practices of technical, functional and/or direct supervision and training.
- Principles and practices of electrical engineering as it relates to the operation of the District’s electric system.
- Budgeting techniques.
- Pertinent local, State, Federal rules, regulations and laws.
- Advanced project management methodologies.
- Modern developments, current literature and sources of information regarding the electrical engineering profession.
- Principles and practices of safety management.
- Modern office equipment including the use of applicable computer applications.
- Principles and practices of effective customer service.
- Provide technical, functional and/or direct supervision over assigned staff; effectively train staff.
- Perform the most complex electrical engineering duties including the management of complex projects.
- Understand and interpret local, State, Federal rules, regulations and laws.
- Participate in evaluating the activities of staff, recommending improvements and modifications.
- Provide and coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
License and Certificate: Possession of a valid California driver’s license. Registration as a Professional Electrical Engineer.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants must submit a completed District application. In addition, a resume describing experience and qualifications for the position is recommended. APPLY IMMEDIATELY. The position is open until filled. Screening of applications will begin on or after, Friday, August 12, 2016. Applications received after this date are not guaranteed consideration.
Applications and detailed job posting located at www.mid.org/careers.
The Modesto Irrigation District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Posting End Date: August 26, 2016