MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY AT PUGET SOUND ENERGY!
Senior and Below Electric System Transmission Engineer #66111
Puget Sound Energy’s Electric System Engineering (Electric Transmission/Distribution) Department is looking for an Engineer to join our engineering team. This position will be filled as a Senior Engineer, Engineer, Associate Engineer or Engineer-in-Training depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
The Engineer shall possess a broad range of experience, expertise and understanding of engineering topics especially related to transmission design and construction. Solutions typically provided by the engineer may involve complex issues, requiring interpretation of requirements, application of advanced analytical techniques and non-standard solutions.
The position requires substantial experience developing permit and construction drawings for new and existing pole re-locations, thermal up-rates, reconductoring, communication siting & services, underground and overhead system projects. The engineer shall provide professional engineering service and support in the planning, construction, operation, maintenance, and analysis of PSE electrical transmission facilities and assets.
Working understanding of PSE, industry, state, and municipal standards is essential. The candidate should have the ability to create and support schedules and coordinate major segments of complex projects to meet cost and time objectives along with design reviews to ensure compliance with design criteria, construction and department standards.
The successful candidate should demonstrate they are well experienced in transmission calculations, reports, technical specifications and cost estimates. Additionally, an ideal candidate should demonstrate their ability to support internal and external customer needs and requirements. The ability to communicate effectively, clearly and concisely, both verbally and written to diverse audiences is desirable.
The senior level may lead or coordinate the work of engineers, engineering assistants, designers, and others who assist in specific assignments (including contractors/consultants). Candidate is expected to provide training, technical direction, and leadership to other engineering positions in order to promote development.
The candidate should have the flexibility to deal with shifting budgets and priorities; the ability and resiliency to adapt to changes; and a personality that promotes optimism and synergy.
This position has the potential to be based out of Kent or Snoqualmie office.
The candidate is expected to support emergency response work as requested including immediate and extended restoration efforts driven by weather and other system failures.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1886. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to excel professionally. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
SENIOR LEVEL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Civil or other appropriate engineering field.
- Substantial experience in planning, design, specification preparation, maintenance, project cost estimating and scheduling (typically achieved after 7 years’ practice as a degreed engineer for the senior level).
- Demonstrated organization, documentation, prioritization, and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- PLS CADD and/or Sag 10 software applications.
- Experience working with NESC code.
- 5-10 years of experience in engineering design, preparation of specifications, construction interfacing or system studies.
- Organization, documentation, prioritization, and project engineering skills.
- Experience with Electrical 115kV and 230 kV overhead transmission construction practices.
- Possession of or ability to acquire a Professional Engineering license.
- Knowledge of engineering economics and analysis.
- Experience working on complex engineering projects.
- Leadership and mentoring experience
- Quality Management experience
- Experience in Process Improvement (example: Six Sigma)