At Puget Sound Energy (PSE) we have a long tradition of service, and an exciting and innovative future ahead!
Consider PSE for the next step in your career.
Senior Application Configuration Analyst – MDMS #99685
Puget Sound Energy’s Meter/Billing Department is looking for a Senior Application Configuration Analyst to join our team. This position will be responsible for the maintenance and evolution of metering applications. Day to day duties may include managing daily processing of meter data, diagnosing complex meter data or processes problems, developing and implementing new solutions, effectively understanding relevant business processes so they can be modeled in internal systems related to MDMS and other metering systems supporting billing, financial, engineering and meter data reporting functions. Metering systems support a wide range of processes including billing, meter analytics, financial, energy efficiency, outage management, asset lifecycle, distribution automation functions and others.
This is an excellent opportunity to play an integral role within PSE to help us better serve the environment, our customers and the communities in which they live. PSE provides an environment where all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to achieve maximum performance. We offer a comprehensive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan and an employee assistance and wellness program. Gain the energy to do great things through a career with Puget Sound Energy!
- Maintains extensive knowledge of metering applications processes, associated parameters and rulesets.
- Lead autonomously troubleshooting efforts to identify and resolve issues with metering applications. Communicate findings and resolution path.
- Performs analysis, design, configuration, development and implementation of metering applications and processes.
- Carries out detailed system design and writes functional and technical requirements/specs, develops test plans and applies testing, and quality monitoring procedures to metering applications and processes.
- Provides guidance to business and functional units in developing tests and training plans and materials supporting metering applications and processes.
- Provides day-to-day support to users and to junior configurators, as well as drives improved user productivity through developing and implementing new metering systems business process and solutions.
- Proactively contributes to the overall IT strategy and annual and 5-year capital IT budgets.
- Responsible for the identification and resolution of gaps in the business processes. Is involved in security/authorization set-up, user documentation, data interface design, data migration and reconciliation for metering applications. Performs such tasks as defining metering applications user group access rights and parameters.
- Support SOX process by running audits on users and analyzing access processes and groups for metering applications.
- Coordinate efforts between metering applications customers, internal and external IT resources including troubleshooting, design, testing, analysis and training efforts.
- Based on a solid understanding of scope and processes for metering applications, can independently gather/establish business requirements of new developments to meet changing business needs.
- Responsible for defining detailed requirements, analyzing business needs, and validating solutions with the business for metering applications.
- Establishes and manages small to moderate project plans for metering applications and or assist project managers as the lead technical resource for metering applications related projects.
- Lead and train junior members of the metering applications team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and/or hands-on experience
- 6+ years IT experience, including several years of systems development experience in the design and development of department-wide or enterprise-wide applications.
- Detailed understanding and experience: 5+ years hands-on systems experience in one or more modules appropriate for the job (or other related functional area experience) or billing processes and systems.
- Possesses full technical knowledge of phases of software development life cycle.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Advanced knowledge of PL/SQL and / or SQL server.
- Understanding of networking technologies.
- Knowledge of systems and/or business analysis design concepts. Demonstrated proficiency in the applied use of systems and process analysis tools. Full system life cycle experience, including development lifecycle methodologies.
- Ability to facilitate interactive design and functional specification sessions.
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and verbal skills with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms. Excellent technical writing and system documentation skills
- Strong analytical problem-solving and conceptual skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills for smaller projects.
- Must be a “team player” able to work with management in developing and implementing new processes and enabling systems. Able to work with end user groups to define application needs and identify feasible solutions.
- Proactive, self-motivated with the ability to motivate others and a customer-focused service attitude.
- Good organizational skills, with the ability to meet objectives and effectively multi-task.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization, both technical and non-technical.
- Detailed understanding of Metering systems, MDMS, Meter analytics and reporting applications: 5+ years hands-on systems experience in metering systems
- Knowledge of utility and energy measurement processes.
- Experience with supporting 7×24 systems environments.
- Experience with enterprise systems development.
- Experience in information systems, operations, architecture, configuration, or other area relevant to successful IT systems implementation role.
- Understanding of data validation methodologies
- Familiar with project and software development using ASAP or Agile methodologies and processes.
- Experience with one or more of the following protocols: IP, UDP, TCP, ICMP and dialup telecom protocols.
- Experience with FTP/SFTP transfer protocols, file transfer data formats.
- Experience with data transfer and processing, monitoring and optimization techniques.
PSE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at email@example.com or 425-462-3017.