Company Name: Puget Sound Energy
Phone Number: (425) 462-3017
Job Title: Senior Application Configuration Analyst or Application Configuration Analyst #72574
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Information Technology / IS and Application Support
Posting Start Date: April 25, 2016
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
Puget Sound Energy’s Meter/Billing Department is looking for a Senior Application Configuration Analyst, or below, depending on qualifications. This position will perform independent research within the department to resolve issues and recommend process improvements. Day to day duties may include managing daily processing of EIM metering data, diagnosing complex problems, developing and implementing new solutions, effectively understanding relevant business processes so they can be modeled in internal systems related to EIM and large power electric metering.
This is an excellent opportunity to play an integral role within PSE to help us better serve the environment, our customers and the communities in which they live. PSE provides an environment where all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to achieve maximum performance. We offer a comprehensive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan and an employee assistance and wellness program. Gain the energy to do great things through a career with Puget Sound Energy!
- Maintains extensive knowledge of their assigned functional area environment, active business processes, business areas, as well as industry.
- Performs complex and demanding tasks dealing with the analysis, design, configuration, development and implementation of solutions serving business line and functional units.
- Carries out detailed system design and writes functional and technical requirements/specs, develops test plans and applies testing, and quality monitoring procedures.
- Provides guidance to business and functional units in developing tests and training plans and materials.
- Provides day-to-day support to users and to junior configurators, as well as drives improved user productivity through developing and implementing new business process and systems solutions.
- Proactively contributes to an overall IT strategy via direct experience in tactical projects and specific user requirements.
- Responsible for the identification and resolution of gaps in the business processes. Is involved in security/authorization set-up, user documentation, data interface design, data migration and reconciliation.
- Contributes to annual and 5-year capital IT budgets.
- Participates at the departmental level in line organization initiatives, tactics and strategies to act as a liaison from the line organizations to IT for continued development of the internal systems.
- Mentors others, and monitors other business or technical analysts in project software development methods and processes and aligns these processes with project needs.
- Based on a solid understanding of scope and processes, can independently gather/establish business requirements of new developments to meet changing business needs.
- Provides necessary coordination, facilitating interactive analysis and design sessions with representatives of business line and functional units.
- Responsible for defining detailed requirements, analyzing business needs, and validating solutions with the business.
- Provides technology direction to business for tactical approaches.
- Establishes and manages small to moderate project plans.
- Demonstrates some ability to lead other team members in functional design and business interaction or small projects.
- Manages interface activities with middleware systems and processes that connect to core systems.
- Works to create Centers of Excellence based on best practices.
- Acts as a champion in standards and methodology governance, preforming code, design and standard reviews for others within the department.
- Diagnoses complex problems, develops and implements solutions for EIM data validation and Itron MV90. Effectively understands relevant business processes so that they can be modeled in internal systems.
- Develops and maintains scope and objectives for internal systems requirements as defined by the organization inclusive of EIM data validation solution and Itron MV90, to allow for programming business rules into said systems.
- Maintains extensive knowledge of their assigned functional area in EIM data validation and Itron MV90 active business processes, business areas, as well as industry.
- Assists in tailoring the development process to meet the project needs and assists project manager in scheduling, budget tasks, and defines high-level requirements.
- Serves as a resource to programmers, developers, and Administrators in designing, configuring and implementing EIM and metering systems which support the company’s business and operational needs. Provides leadership and guidance to subordinates.
- Configures complex application components (analysis, design, development and implementation of solutions) based on functional requirements without supervision for EIM data validation systems and Itron MV90
- Use project and software development ASAP or Agile methodologies and processes and may assist in aligning the process with project needs.
- Conduct fully autonomous data analysis to support daily processes, troubleshooting and system improvement
- Manage daily batch and data transfer processes in a high pressure production environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SENIOR LEVEL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and/or hands-on experience
- General IT experience: 6+ years IT experience, including several years of systems development experience in the design and development of department-wide or enterprise-wide applications.
- Detailed understanding and experience: 5+ years hands-on systems experience in one or more (specialized technical requirements as shown in technical addendum) modules appropriate for the job (or other related functional area experience).
- Possesses full technical knowledge of phases of software development life cycle.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Understanding of networking technologies.
- Knowledge of systems and/or business analysis design concepts. Demonstrated proficiency in the applied use of systems and process analysis tools. Full system life cycle experience, including development lifecycle methodologies.
- Ability to facilitate interactive design and functional specification sessions.
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and verbal skills with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms. Excellent technical writing and system documentation skills
- Strong analytical problem-solving and conceptual skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills for smaller projects.
- Must be a “team player” able to work with management in developing and implementing new processes and enabling systems. Able to work with end user groups to define application needs and identify feasible solutions.
- Proactive, self-motivated with the ability to motivate others and a customer-focused service attitude.
- Good organizational skills, with the ability to meet objectives and effectively multi-task.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization, both technical and non-technical.
- Detailed understanding and EIM and large power electric metering System experience: 5+ years hands-on systems experience in metering systems
- Knowledge of utility and energy measurement processes.
- Experience with supporting 7×24 systems environments.
- Solid understanding of Itron MV90 or similar large power measurement systems.
- Proven skills in enterprise systems development.
- Experience in information systems, operations, architecture, configuration, or other area relevant to successful IT systems implementation role.
- Understanding of data validation methodologies
- Familiar with project and software development using ASAP or Agile methodologies and processes.
- Experience with one or more of the following protocols: IP, UDP, TCP, ICMP and dialup telecom protocols.
- Experience with FTP/SFTP transfer protocols, file transfer data formats.
- Experience with Windows XP, Windows Server 2008/2012, MS Project, Microsoft Office applications, SQL server, Oracle 11G/12C and email packages.
- Experience with data transfer and processing, monitoring and optimization techniques.
This opening will be filled as a Senior Application Configuration Analyst or Application Configuration Analyst depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
How to Apply:
To apply, please visit www.pse.com/careers to submit an online application.
PSE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-462-3017.
Posting End Date: May 25, 2016