Requirements of this position include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five years experience related.
- Knowledge of the power system.
- Assessment skills including problem diagnosis and identification of proper methods and techniques to resolve and prevent future problems.
- Communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to consult and resolve internal and external customer issues which maybe critical, sensitive, or urgent in nature.
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization including people with different styles and backgrounds; ability to work as a member of a team.
- Expert knowledge of current technologies, tools, systems, and vendors.
- Understanding of applicable company policies, practices and procedures.
- Ability to effectively translate technical jargon into layman’s terms.
- Travel may be required.
- Respond after hours to support field crews as required
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the above requirements and have the following:
- Experience supervising technical personnel.
At PacifiCorp, we encourage everyone to work together. We embrace diversity and value the distinct perspectives of all our employees. We strive to cultivate a workplace that connects each employee to the organization and enables all individuals to participate and contribute to their full potential.
It is PacifiCorp’s policy to provide and promote equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations governing personnel activities. In accordance with federal guidelines, PacifiCorp is committed to a program of affirmative action. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity.