Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Senior Analyst, Load Research (R17-196)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Energy Services / Energy Efficiency
Posting Start Date: June 23, 2017
Salary Per: Per Month
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Senior Analyst, Load Research (R17-196)
This position is responsible for planning and conducting PGE’s load research studies and performing related load research and pricing analyses. Load research studies provide strategic direction and inform pricing, cost-of-service, load forecasting, load research, and customer service functions. Key deliverables include input and analyses of customer segments related to rate filings, integrated resource plans, -load forecasting, distributed generation, and various ad hoc requests.
Support our journey by:
- Perform PGE’s load research studies for use by various PGE departments consistent with industry standards.
- Design load research studies applying appropriate sampling technique and theory
- Coordinate sample implementation
- Maintain large databases and data sets
- Manipulate, transform and cleanse large data sets
- Produce customer load profiles from hourly and higher frequency (e.g., 15-minute) interval meter data
- Provide insights into customer electric power usage based on the analysis of interval meter data for various customer segments
- Defend load research analyses in contested regulatory proceedings through written and/or oral testimony.
- Support the requests of internal organizations that request expert load research consulting services.
- Participate with industry load research groups.
- Assist cross-departmental efforts to develop, collect, and analyze information and data required to support programs that meet corporate goals.
- Develop and maintain models in a production environment.
Bring the following skills to our team:
- Strong statistical skills and understanding of research methods including problem identification, sample design, ratio estimation, data identification and analysis, development of predictive models.
- Advanced knowledge of SAS and/or similar statistical software or programming languages.
- Strong understanding of database design and use of SQL Server and/or similar database software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in high pressure situations. Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with peers and managers.
- Strong written and verbal communication including presentation skills with internal and external stakeholders, including a demonstrated ability to present results to audiences with varying levels of technical expertise.
- Excellent organization and project management skills. Able to handle multiple assignments with a high level of attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of load research processes, regulatory impacts of pricing and customer behavior
- Broad perspective of the utility business and industry a plus. Experience providing testimony to state utility commission.
- Knowledge of meter and meter data technologies, software and databases.Typically requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, or a similarly quantitative field. An advanced degree in one of these disciplines is desirable. Five-plus experience in forecasting, load research, economic or rate analysis, and managing and analyzing large data sets.
How to Apply:
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R17-196. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: July 31, 2017