Company Name: ColumbiaGrid
Phone Number: (503) 943-4940
Job Title: Senior Administrative/Office Assistant
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administrative / Clerical Support
Posting Start Date: May 6, 2016
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Located in scenic Portland, Oregon, the hub of the Northwest’s electric utility industry, ColumbiaGrid is a non-profit membership-corporation, which includes eight member-utilities, that was formed in 2006 to improve reliability of the transmission grid, to improve efficiency in its use, and to provide cost-effective expansion planning of the interconnected transmission grid within the Northwest and the Western Interconnection. Since its inception, ColumbiaGrid has built a reputation in the Western interconnection of leadership, excellence, and unbiased analysis pertaining to regional transmission grid planning and the overall mission of the corporation. ColumbiaGrid is seeking a Senior Administrative/Office Assistant, as described below.
DEFINITION: Provides professional administrative support to the Directors, Officers and staff of ColumbiaGrid. Provides cheerful reception and front desk presence as the initial contact to persons entering the main reception area, including meeting attendees, vendors, package couriers, and other visitors to the corporate office. Serves in a similar role through screening telephone calls from persons contacting ColumbiaGrid.
DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS: The Senior Administrative/Office Assistant provides cheerful, pleasant, and professional office administration and organization services while maintaining a presence in the reception area and a well-organized work area and work environment for the Officers, staff and office; performs administrative duties as directed by the Officers.
- Daily and Recurring Responsibilities:
- Receives with a cheerful demeanor incoming calls, meeting attendees, service providers, and visitors.
- Responds to routine telephone inquiries, redirects telephone inquiries to appropriate staff, screens inquiries directed to Officers.
- Coordinates CEO’s calendar, schedules, and meeting arrangements.
- Arranges conference registrations, hotel accommodations, ground transportation, and air travel for the CEO (directly via web reservations — not using a travel agent). Proactively tracks CEO’s calendar to ensure that travel arrangements are secured in advance of travel.
- Arranges flight, hotel and rental cars for staff as requested.
- Prepares travel reports, maintains travel log (CEO) and reconciles with AMEX.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with executive administrative assistants of the company’s Members and stakeholders.
- Schedules and arranges meetings for the Board of Directors, Officers, and staff.
- Sets-up conference calls and WebEx meetings.
- Administers, manages and responds to the company’s generic voice message mailbox and email accounts. Assists in compiling, drafting, editing, preparing, and distributing letters, memorandums, and reports.
- Acts as a resource person or liaison between service providers and the Officers and staff to ensure that their business needs are met.
- Prepares presentations and presentation templates.
- Sets up and runs audio-visual and conference telephones for various meetings.
- Takes meeting notes and prepares written minutes as needed.
- Meets or accommodates the business needs of meeting attendees or visitors.
- Administers and maintains electronic security cards and registrations for the Board’s, Officers’, staff’s, and visitor’s access to the company’s secured office.
- Administers and coordinates, with the company’s security vendor, unlocking electronic locks for various meetings.
- Performs routine administrative duties including: filing, photocopying, mail-sorting and mail delivery.
- Primary back-up for:
- Catered meal preparation and meal clean-up.
- Daily mail pick-up and distribution.
- Maintaining the company’s corporate meeting calendar and conference room reservations, including the scheduling of third-party use of the company’s conference room and catering services.
- Accounting staff; QuickBooks data entry
- Preparing and posting to the website, web notices and press releases via web-based distribution lists.
- Monthly and Periodic Activities:
- Solicits input from various staff and compiles Monthly Report for CEO’s review and input; distributes Monthly Report via email distribution list.
- Board of Director Meetings (every other month):
- Prepares draft notice and agenda / routes for review and comments.
- Prepares and processes presentation materials; distributes packets of information to Board meeting attendees.
- Runs audio-visual systems during the Board meeting.
- Takes notes during the Board meeting and prepares minutes; routes minutes to Officers, staff, and Board for input.
- Member Caucus / Member Roundtable / Biannual & Special Member Meetings:
- Coordinates and arranges hotel meeting room and catering for Member Caucus meetings which occur every other month at a location outside of the corporation’s office (e.g. Seattle)
- Sets-up WebEx and phone and sends reminder to attendees
- Maintains, updates, and distributes member representative contact information.
- Maintains, updates, and distributes staff and vendor contact information.
- Negotiates corporate rates for local hotels and meeting room rates; maintains and updates information on the company’s website pertaining to directions to the company’s office and visitor information, such as hotel accommodations, hotel rates, and procedures for accessing the company’s corporate hotel rates.
- Builds and maintains business relationship with office building maintenance and cleaning personnel, and office supplies vendors.
- Delivers monthly check deposits to the corporation’s local bank branch.
- Organizes and creates enhanced systems to organize company files and information.
- Coordinate job postings to fill open job positions; establish and maintain an applicant log; schedule interviews and coordinate travel; receive and respond to applicant inquiries and hiring-process updates as directed.
- Semi-annually and Annually:
- Assists the CEO in preparing and mailing cover letters and hard copies of the company’s Annual Report, Biennial Transmission Expansion Plans, and System Assessments to members and stakeholders.
- Coordinates and compiles annual Conflict of Interest and Confidentiality statements and affidavits of the Board, Officers, staff, and independent contractors of the company.
- Prepares information packets for new employees.
- Coordinates with the CEO, and the Board, to schedule annual check-in meetings with each of the members.
- Organizes meeting room, hotel accommodations, and hospitality services for the company’s annual retreat with the members. Sends notices, reminders, and updates, as needed, regarding the annual retreat.
- Compiles and prepares electronic and hard-copy meeting materials for the annual strategic retreat between the company and the members.
- Assists in organizing the company’s annual Christmas-Holiday party for the Board, Officers, and staff, including coordinating with restaurants regarding meeting location, menus, and service contracts.
- Coordinates and distributes the company’s annual Christmas-Holiday cards and maintains and updates the company’s mailing list for the cards and other mass mailings.
To learn more about ColumbiaGrid, visit our web page at: www.columbiagrid.org
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (technical writing skills a plus); attention to detail with excellent organization skills; a customer service orientation; a communicator.
- Excellent computer skills and demonstrated experience using MS Outlook and Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word), and Adobe Reader. Able to create presentations utilizing effective internet search /research technique and cut-and-paste software (e.g. Snipping Tool).
- A motivated, professional, self-starter who invests effort in enhancing and improving job-related skills, expertise, and assigned duties.
- Experience and proficiency using the internet for voice conferencing, web video and other applications.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal car suitable for running periodic business errands which could include shuttling office visitors to and from the airport or hotels.
KEY COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES:
- Professional personal demeanor and attire.
- Ability to take the initiative in problem solving.
- Ability to discern the scope of job responsibilities, and willingness to seek clarity or guidance as needed (i.e. knows how to interpret the ‘essence’ of assigned duties to achieve the desired results).
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability and willingness to communicate progress or status of assigned duties.
- Ability to handle shifting and multiple priorities and to work effectively and cooperatively in a team environment in a small, multi-tasking, work force. Must be versatile and flexible in meeting the changing and broad needs of a small office of professionals.
- Willingness to learn and accept responsibility, comply with safety rules and regulations, work efficiently, effectively and independently.
- Honest, ethical, reliable and trustworthy; must be able to maintain confidentiality of information pertaining to the CEO’s meetings and the Board’s meetings and activities.
- Willingness to travel periodically for business needs.
Preference will be given for candidates possessing a two-year associate degree; additional preference will be given to candidates with a four-year bachelor’s degree or equivalent
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should reply by including a:
1. Cover Letter (which includes salary expectation)
2. Resume, and
Send to: email@example.com.
To learn more about ColumbiaGrid, visit our homepage at www.columbiagrid.org
Posting End Date: June 5, 2016