Company Name: ColumbiaGrid
Phone Number: (503) 943-4940
Job Title: Secretary-Administrative Office Assistant
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administrative / Clerical Support
Posting Start Date: May 3, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: Full-Time
Work Time Type: Hours
|Secretary-Administrative Office Assistant SALARY:
||Competitive Salary and Excellent Benefits Package
||8338 NE Alderwood Road, Suite 140, Portland, Oregon, 97220
||Non-Exempt, Hourly, Full-Time
||Open until filled
Located in scenic Portland, Oregon, the hub of the Northwest’s electric utility industry, ColumbiaGrid is a non-profit membership-corporation whose mission is to improve reliability and provide cost-effective expansion planning of the interconnected transmission grid within the Northwest and Western Interconnection. ColumbiaGrid has built a reputation of being and industry leader through its excellence and unbiased grid planning services.
Secretary-Administrative Office Assistant to provide administrative and secretarial support to the Officers, manager, and staff at the Portland office of ColumbiaGrid. The Secretary-Administrative Office Assistant must be able to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of the Officers’, Directors’, and manager’s business activities.
Supports the Officers and Grid Planning Manager:
- Coordinates and proactively tracks CEO’s calendar, meetings, travel, and schedules to ensure that business schedules are workable and that travel arrangements are secured.
- Prepares or compiles presentation materials and maintains presentation templates, including the Monthly Report distributed via email.
- Maintains, updates, and distributes member, staff, and vendor contact information.
- Members’ Caucus meetings (offsite every other month): arranges hotel meeting room, catering, and WebEx teleconference and sends reminders to attendees.
- Coordinates with the CEO and Board to schedule annual member check-in meetings and State Utility Commission meetings.
- Supports the Board of Directors Meetings (every other month); prepares draft notice; assembles presentation materials and distributes packets of information to meeting attendees; posts meeting materials; starts WebEx and runs audio-visual slides; takes notes and prepares minutes; routes minutes to Officers, staff, and Board for input.
- Coordinates with the Manager and planning group to help prepare the annual System Assessment and Biennial Transmission Plan reports, utilizing Publisher or other report generating software, are prepared and published.
Maintains the company’s corporate meeting calendar and conference room scheduling:
- Schedules and sets-up telephonic, web, and in-person meetings for the employees; runs audio-visual and conference telephones as needed.
- Arranges catered meal delivery; meal set-up, preparation, and clean-up; grocery store pick-up of food and supplies; ensures that catering supplies are ordered and stocked.
- Shuttles the company’s guests to and from the airport, as occasionally needed.
- Organizes meeting rooms, hotel accommodations, and hospitality services for off-site meetings, retreats, workshops, or conferences.
- Meets or accommodates the business needs of meeting attendees or visitors.
Maintains company website and sends e-mail “blast” notices:
- Keeps the company’s online website up to date; uploads meeting documents; coordinates with the Officers in order to update and maintain the website.
- Creates, uploads, and sends e-mail “blast” notices to ColumbiaGrid’s “interested persons” and maintains and updates “interested persons” list.
- Routes third-party requests for security authorization, to gain secured access to transmission planning information, to the company’s security coordinator.
Maintains a professional and cheerful front desk reception and presence:
- Answers front door; screens or redirects inquiries directed to Officers and staff; and responds to the company’s generic voice message and email account.
- Has flexibility to adjust work hours in order to meet business needs.
- Administers and maintains electronic security cards and registrations for access to the company’s secured office; coordinates with the company’s security vendor regarding unlocking electronic locks for various meetings.
- Assists in organizing the company’s annual Christmas-Holiday party and cards.
- Provides support for job postings: maintains an applicant log; schedules interviews and coordinates travel; receives and responds to applicant inquiries; and provides hiring-process updates as directed.
- Provides back-up for accounting staff, such as QuickBooks data entry and delivering monthly check deposits to the corporation’s local bank branch.
- Performs general administrative and office duties. Organizes and creates enhanced systems to organize company files.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (technical writing skills a plus); attention to detail with excellent organization skills; a customer service orientation; a communicator.
- Excellent computer skills and demonstrated experience using MS Outlook, MS Office 365 (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word), and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experienced in internet conferencing and creating presentations utilizing search or research techniques, cut-and-paste software (e.g. Snipping Tool) and other software tools.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal car suitable for periodic business errands, which could include shuttling office visitors to and from the airport or hotels.
- Knowledge of and experience with publishing software (Publisher, Adobe InDesign) a plus.
- Occasional business travel.
KEY COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES:
- Honest, ethical, reliable and trustworthy; must be able to maintain confidentiality of information pertaining to the Officers’ and manager’s business activities.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Must be versatile and flexible in meeting the changing and broad needs of a small office of professionals, which can include frequent early morning start times for meeting preparation and to open the office.
- A motivated, professional, self-starter who invests effort in enhancing and improving job-related skills, expertise, and assigned duties; works efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to: prioritize work assignments; take the initiative and be a problem solver; discern the scope and limitations of job responsibilities; seek clarity or guidance as needed (i.e. knows how to interpret the ‘essence’ of assigned duties to achieve the desired results); set and meet deadlines; work independently with minimal supervision; communicate progress or status of assigned duties; handle shifting and multiple priorities; and work effectively and cooperatively in a small, team, multi-tasking, work force; and accept accountability.
- Comply with work safety rules and regulations.
Preference will be given for candidates possessing a two-year associate degree; higher degrees or advanced educational course work a plus.
To learn more about ColumbiaGrid, visit our web page at: www.columbiagrid.org
How to Apply:
Applicants MUST include a Cover Letter (with salary expectations), along with a Resume to be considered.
Apply to: email@example.com
Posting End Date: June 2, 2017