Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: SDPM, Core Area Technical Lead (R16-419)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Miscellaneous Positions
Posting Start Date: July 15, 2016
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 29, 2016
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
SDPM, Core Area Technical Lead
This position will function as the Technical Lead of the SDPM’s in the downtown core area. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with customers developing projects within the downtown core area and will be responsible for all aspects of design as well as being the point of contact for the City of Portland as well as other internal departments. The successful candidate will need to be a critical thinker who possesses the ability to negotiate strongly to ensure PGE’s needs are kept in balance with the needs of the customers and the needs of the City.
- Typically 8-10 years of Service & Design Project Management experience with 3 years as a Spec. IV, SDPM III and associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven leadership skills and experience
- Good human relations skills and effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to use project management concepts and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply complex engineering and design concepts, PGE and industry standards, and governing codes. Thorough understanding of common engineering concepts and principles.
- Working knowledge of PGE’s electrical system preferred. Thorough knowledge of transmission and distribution standards and practices. Working knowledge of the National Electric Safety Code (NESC) and National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Ability to effectively plan, organizes, design, coordinate and manage multiple projects with changing timelines at different stages of the connection process.
- Proficient communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external entities.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a teamwork environment with internal customers
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills, including creative problem solving and technical analysis
- Basic understanding of PGE’s organization, finance, budget, human resources and Administrative procedures
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Staffing Services Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: July 29, 2016