Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: SCADA Technician (U16-224)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Substation
Posting Start Date: January 10, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Internally – January 16, 2016
Externally – January 22, 2016
SCADA Technician (U16-224)
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping shape Oregon’s energy future. Among the millions of ordinary jobs in the world there are a few special places – team-driven environments with the resources and support you need to succeed. That’s PGE – the unique combination of a friendly, supportive atmosphere with a progressive vision for business success. It’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And it’s a big reason why the average PGE employee has spent almost 14 years with us.
Become part of an essential, dynamic industry, and consider becoming a part of the PGE Team!
- Maintain complex instrumentation and control equipment in substations, power plants, and other PGE facilities.
- Commission, troubleshoot, and maintain SCADA software, hardware, station networks, protocol translators, and data concentrators.
- Install settings into Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), HMIs, and Substation Gateways.
- Perform SCADA control, status, and analog checkout on new and existing substation equipment, including simulating inputs necessary to fully and accurately test devices providing data to the SCADA system.
- Verify metering quantities.
- Test and maintain various SCADA intelligent electronic devices such as remote I/O, Transformer Monitors, Protective Relays, Meters, Battery Chargers, PLCs, etc.
- Test and maintain various Energy Management System (EMS) components.
- Study independently to keep up with the changing technology and work effectively alone and with other technicians with only limited supervision.
- Frequently drive considerable distances.
- Respond to emergency call-outs at unscheduled hours and work on temporary assignments at other locations.
- Provide as-built documentation for as-left conditions or for rework as necessary to ensure accurate drawings.
- Train and instruct others as required.
- Attend training as required.
- Experience with SCADA protocols (e.g. L&G 8979, DNP3, and Modbus)
- Thorough knowledge of telemetering systems
- High school diploma or GED and possess an associate degree in the electrical or electronic field or equivalent experience
- Thorough knowledge of mathematics and solid-state/digital theory
- Experience building and maintaining Modbus Plus and Ethernet networks
- An examination may be given to test an applicant’s competence
- Able to read engineering drawings; interpret instruction manuals, test procedures, etc.
- Mentally and physically able to work under high stress and during times of emergency
- Required to live within a reasonable distance of headquarters
- Experience as a SCADA Technician, Meter/Relay Technician, Communication Technician, Instrument and Control Technician, or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with evidence of a safe driving record
How to Apply:
What’s in it for you? Receive a competitive wage and a full range of traditional benefits – medical insurance, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, retirement savings, and more – plus exciting opportunities unique to employment with us. From our robust on-the-job training to our development opportunities, PGE has a multitude of programs to help you gain valuable skills and experience, to provide rewards for meeting company goals, and to encourage health, fellowship, and community volunteerism.
PGE is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In order to be considered an applicant for this position, you will need to complete our employment application.
Talent Acquisition Contact
Posting End Date: January 22, 2017