The Safety Services User Group (SSUG) has an opening for a Safety Services Coordinator. Five participating electric utilities share the services of the Safety Services Coordinator who conducts various safety compliance and loss prevention duties and meets the prospective safety needs of each utility.
Under supervision of the SSUG (Blachly Lane Electric, Douglas Electric, Emerald PUD, Lane Electric, and Salem Electric), the Safety Services Coordinator is responsible for developing and implementing safety training programs for the participating utilities. This position works to reduce or eliminate accidents and hazards, measured by incidence and severity of accidents, time loss hours, and worker’s compensation claims.
This position is responsible for keeping member utilities informed of local, state, and federal rules and regulations as they relate to safety and health issues. Also responsible for providing and sharing information among utilities, and ensuring that utilities are in compliance with record-keeping requirements.
Responsible for coordinating and participating in scheduled safety committee meetings for each utility as well as joint meetings for the Safety User Group.Additional Information:
· Must be familiar with electric utility operations, be a skilled trainer, and an effective speaker.
· Must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to evaluate, organize, and communicate technical information in easy-to-understand language.
· The qualified candidate must have familiarity with safety accreditation programs.
· Must have a Bachelor's degree in a health or safety field or the equivalent in work experience and specialized training.
· Three to five years’ work experience with safety, loss and accident prevention, safety education, and accident investigations preferred.
· Must possess a comprehensive knowledge of safety, accident and loss prevention, safety equipment, training methods, statistical procedures, and record keeping requirements.
This position is expected to participate in training and development courses as well as regional and national safety meetings as authorized to keep knowledge current.
JOB LOCATION/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
· Position is based at Salem Electric in Salem, OR and requires frequent travel to participating utility locations as well as travel to off-site trainings as needed.
· Part office, part field conditions.
· Must be able to carry training equipment and materials to job site.
· Must possess a valid driver's license.
· This is a full-time, non-union position working approximately 40 hours per week.
· Time is split equitably between five participating electric utilities.
DEADLINE: Open until filled.
TO APPLY: Email a resume and cover letter to jobs@salemelectric, or mail to:
c/o Safety Services Coordinator
PO Box 5588
Salem OR 97304
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org