Are you passionate about leading a proactive safety culture of continuous learning and world-class compliance? Are you an advocate that can work at all levels of the organization in leading others to own and improve their own safety practices? Do you love working out in the field with crews, partnering with employees to coach and model best practices that support their work? And do you want to be part of building one of the best utility safety programs on the West Coast? If yes, consider joining our team!
As one of the largest hydroelectric projects in the U.S., our mission is to improve the quality of life for the thousands of people who call our pristine mountain community home. You will live, work and play in one of the country’s most beautiful regions, recognized nationally by publications like Forbes Magazine as a premier destination for families, retirees and everyone in-between. With four distinct seasons, we are the best of the Pacific Northwest, without the rain!
Our safety team’s mission is to continually build the capability and capacity of our employees to safely deliver the quality services our customer-owners enjoy every day. We’re looking for a critical thinker, a collaborative team player and a natural teacher. As a Safety and Health Coordinator, you’ll be an important part of building the next generation of transformational safety leadership and compliance.
What you’ll do:
• Act as the safety compliance expert for the business unit you support, helping leadership to meet and exceed WISHA and L&I standards
• Consult with and coach leaders and employees at all levels of the organization in building, maintaining and improving proactive safety practices, tools and strategies
• Develop a consistent and constant field practice, building effective relationships with crafts employees, gaining knowledge of the work, modeling and coaching safety leadership, tools and practices, and observing opportunities to improve the District’s compliance, quality and safety measures
• Act as a key member of the District’s safety leadership team to collaboratively build a best-in-industry operational excellence culture of learning and improvement
What you’ll bring:
• Ability to coach and consult with employees at all levels of the organization
• Technical excellence in compliance, safety and/or production environments
• Social fluency: Building one-on-one relationships, influencing others, and speaking publically
• A growth mindset, geared for learning and continuous improvement, and fueled by observation
• A natural collaborator and valued team member: ability to anticipate needs, socialize problems, and collaborate on solutions
In addition to a competitive salary range of $75,280 – $94,100 (based on qualifications, skills and abilities), Chelan PUD employees also enjoy outstanding benefits which include the option of a zero cost medical plan (medical, dental and vision for all eligible dependents), short and long-term disability, Washington State Public Employee’s Retirement System, Deferred Compensation (with company matching funds up to 5%), 11 holidays and initial personal leave accrual at 21 days per year.
Chelan PUD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of its workforce. M/F/Disability/Vet Employer