Company Name: Grant County PUD
Phone Number: (509) 793-1569
Job Title: Risk Manager
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Management
Posting Start Date: August 11, 2016
Salary: $44.51 - $62.31
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time Type: Hours
The Risk Manager works closely with the District’s senior management team to raise awareness of the need for Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), and helps these entities integrate risk management into the business culture of the District and the District’s decision-making in support of increasing the chances of achieving the goals of the District’s Strategic Plan. Help create, and for the on-going maintenance of, a consistent, integrated risk framework that is comprehensive in surveying of risk throughout the District, identifying all meaningful exposure of District interests to internal and external risks. Supports the ERM program and its dual goals: 1) protecting itself from risk to reputation, safety, physical and cyber assets, market activity and credit exposure, financial outcomes, business continuity, internal controls, business evolution, and more; 2) striking an appropriate balance among risk, cost of mitigation, and opportunities that arise from intelligent management of risk.
- Risk Identification. On an on-going basis, works with all divisions within the District to identify existing and emerging risk.
- Risk Tracking. Develops and maintains a risk register to methodically catalogue and record risks.
- Risk Assessment and Quantification. Develops and maintains models to evaluate and quantify risks to assess the potential impacts on the District.
- Risk Reporting. Develops and maintains regular reporting that concisely appraises Senior Management and Directors of the risks inherent in the District’s business; reporting on the current assessed level of risk vs established risk limits.
- Risk Mitigation. Develops informed recommendations on managing risk : mitigating existing risk or maintaining/increasing risk to exploit opportunities. Works with Directors and Chief Risk Officer to develop plans for mitigating identified risks through avoidance, intentional warehousing, or reduction or transference of risk.
- Policies. Owns Risk Policies. Performs a gap analysis/review of other internal policies to ensure adequacy for purposes of risk mitigation. Helps review compliance to policy and adherence to business controls.
- Stays current on ERM industry trends and best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in business, economics, accounting, finance, or related field. Specific Risk certification/training is preferred, as is an advanced degree in these fields.
Total of 5 years of a combination of quantitative analysis and risk management. The preferred candidate will have direct experience in a comprehensive ERM program as well as the business functions of a utility.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Possess knowledge and/or aptitude in the following areas:
- Risk modeling, asset optimization, business analysis, audit.
- Traditional risk management practices.
- Utility market operations (front-, mid-, and back-office).
- Advanced math and quantitative skills with a focus on risk evaluation.
- Electric utility (hydro utility a plus) business operations and drivers.
- Knowledge of principles and practice of risk management activities such as risk identification/reduction, loss control, asset protection, employee safety, worker compensation programs, etc.
- Ability to provide leadership, influence others, and build consensus, working across various divisions in a matrixed organization structure.
- Outstanding communication ability.
- High functioning, practical problem-solving skills, and sound business judgment.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills. Be able to create reports and present to various stakeholders at various levels of knowledge.
- Ability to mediate and resolve complex problems, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Computer usage including the application of MS standard Office software suite; exposure to Risk Management software a plus.
- Demonstrate ability to work harmoniously with co-workers.
- Demonstrate initiative and an ability to work in a self-directed manner.
- Adapt to a variety of situations (including pressure situations).
- Exercise reasoned, methodical judgment in making decisions and evaluating risk.
- Work under pressure, organize priorities, deal with interruptions, possess above-average communication skills, and maintain flexibility and confidentiality.
Duties are customarily performed in an office environment. Occasional trips to hydroelectric projects. Some visits require the ability to climb several flights of stairs, and/or walk significant distances. Must be able to use computer and read computer screens, hear well in meetings and on radio or telephone communications, and must have good visual perception. Minimal travel required.
Position Open Until Filled
Equal Opportunity Employer
References and Background Checks are done as part of our employment process.
Posting End Date: September 10, 2016