Company Name: NW Natural
Phone Number: (503) 226-4211
Job Title: Resource Planning & Process Supervisor
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Operations
Posting Start Date: January 8, 2018
Salary: $79,450 - $115,200
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
Resource Planning & Process Supervisor
Resource Management Center; Portland, OR 97209
Posting # 50250317
January 5, 2018
At NW Natural, we like to say, “We grew up here.” We’ve been an energy supplier and community leader since 1859. Some of our neighbors know us through our philanthropy and volunteer programs and innovative approaches to carbon reduction. Our customers know us because of the clean, safe, efficient, and low-cost natural gas we provide. We are a service-oriented utility, with a “Best in the West” customer satisfaction ranking.
If you share our core values – integrity, safety, service ethic, caring and environmental stewardship – we invite you to apply to NW Natural.
This position will supervise a resource management operations team and processes. Responsible for the development, maintenance and communication of work plans and forecasts for work assigned by the Resource Management Center (RMC) to support the efficient and cost-effective assignment of work to internal and external field resources
Day to Day:
- Supervises the resource scheduling and work management as well as the Administrative functions within the RMC.
- Ensures the effective and safe assignment of work and field resources across business units and geographical areas for maximum efficiency.
- Administers and promotes the philosophies and directives of the Joint Accord. Works within the Joint Accord agreement to effectively manage field resources.
- Monitors department’s internal and external service requirements and performance.
- Assists in the design, development and implementation of company-wide work management, scheduling and work assignment applications and systems to create optimum integration.
- Develops, trains and mentors individual and team members with documentation and ongoing performance feedback.
- Implements corporate and department vision and strategy into team goals and priorities, measuring and evaluating results.
- Assists manager in the preparation of budget, analyzing costs/benefits; continuously evaluates cost reduction and revenue enhancement opportunities.
- Develops forecasting and planning procedures and tools to ensure work requirements are defined and documented.
- Leads the development of integrated work plans and proactively identifies potential plan impacts, including integration with budget requirements.
- Integrates information from work forecasts and plans into day to day operations and decision making in RMC to support effective and efficient management of the work and resources.
- Collects information from all appropriate sources and organizes this information to make planning recommendations to managers regarding the best allocation of internal and external (contractor) resources
- Takes action to establish lead times and work requirements to meet dates according to the work plan and coordinate the flow/ release of orders, and other associated documentation needed to execute orders (work buffer).
- Monitors, analyzes and reports actual performance to work plan utilizing information derived from management reporting tools.
- Provides support to key initiatives and projects in alignment with company strategy and priorities.
- Supports Company’s commitment to a culture of safe work practices.
- Participate as a subject matter expert for external audit preparation, data gathering in order to demonstrate compliance.
- Adheres to and promotes the philosophies and directives of the Joint Accord.
- Develops, trains, and mentors individual and team members with documentation and ongoing performance feedback; recognizes accomplishments and provides cross-training opportunities when applicable.
- Demonstrates appropriate leadership and decision-making behaviors; maintains technical job knowledge and personal skill development. Committed to coaching and developing employees.
Come on your first day with:
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years’ utility experience or equivalent experience/education.
- Experience in planning and/or operations such as engineering, field services or construction or a combination of experience in resource planning and relevant field experience required.
- Knowledge and/or ability to learn NWN Procedures and Policies including but not limited to, Technology Scheduling Tools such PragmaCAD, Visual Fusion, Telestaff; Joint Accord; Incident Command and Emergency Response Procedures; Field Operations Manual OSHA Regulations; and other applicable Federal, State, and local jurisdictional requirements.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to think analytically and logically, understand and apply business process, and make decisions based on relevant information and an understanding of impact; proven attention to detail.
- Proven success in facilitating and coordinating projects, resources and personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate with various stakeholders to ensure cooperation and alignment.
- Ability to facilitate, coordinate, and complete projects; skill in organizing and managing time effectively to meet deadlines and balance priorities.
- Strong verbal communication skills, including the ability to apply group facilitation techniques and make group presentations.
- Proven ability to build consensus and trust across disciplines and processes as demonstrated through inter- and intra-departmental teamwork. Must be able to effectively interact with technical support and systems integration personnel.
- Knowledge of work management, scheduling and work assignment applications and systems.
- Advanced ability to use computer technology and Company software.
- Written communication skills, including technical documentation and report writing abilities, training material development and procedures.
- Ability to coordinate and deliver effective training to employees.
- Possess/maintain a valid Oregon/Washington driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record.
- Subject to random drug testing.
What we offer:
- Arguably the most competitive healthcare and wellness benefits in the Pacific Northwest
- Meaningful Annual Incentive Bonus Opportunity in addition to base salary
- 401(k) with generous match and additional 5% employer contribution
- Company provided Trimet or C-Tran passes/Bike storage for cyclists
- Green Team/Diversity & Inclusion Council/Safety Team/Women’s Network
- Numerous volunteer and community engagement opportunities
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with a 15% discount
- 20% Employee discount on Natural Gas
- Generous Vacation/Sick leave program
- Base salary Range– Min. $79,450 – ($87,600 – $110,000)* – Max. $115,200
*Expected Hiring Range
How to Apply:
Application Process: To be considered for this position, submit a complete electronic application including a cover letter and a resume.
Applications will be reviewed once application deadline has passed.
Deadline: January 19, 2017
At NW Natural we are committed to fair compensation, pay equity and equal opportunity for advancement in the workplace. Salaries are determined based on a combination of education, experience, skills, performance and internal equity to similar roles within our organization.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Posting End Date: January 19, 2018